Well, now that you've got your gun

Matty made another discovery in the house not long after the initial finding of the karaoke machine that was debatably just as interesting in the form of a small revolver.

He'd seen guns before, of course he had, but Ross was very protective of his, and he'd never really let Matty use it.

Matty immediately rushed into his bedroom once he'd uncovered it, his head spinning slightly thanks to the line he had recently snorted and the bottle of vodka which he still had clutched in his fist, but his dizziness cleared as soon as he spied George curled up on the windowsill smoking idly.

"Look what I found," Matty exclaimed, pushing his way into the small open space as he held out his prize with shaking fingers. "It's loaded and everything."

"Where the hell did you get that?" George asked warily, his eyes widening slightly when Matty brandished the weapon carelessly in his direction.

"In the garage," Matty answered quickly, his smile falling slightly when George frowned at him. "I think it was made for me - see, it fits my hand perfectly. Do you think Ross would let me take the lead on our next robbery? I know I'd be good at it, and I'm tired of being the baggage boy."

"I don't like that idea," George immediately shot him down, but Matty was stubborn, and he knew George always caved to his will eventually, he just had to be persistent. This was something he'd been wanting to inquire about for quite some time actually, and now that he had his own gun, it seemed like the perfect opportunity to take a larger role in their heists.

"Oh come one - I'd be great at it, watch," Matty insisted, pointing the gun at George teasingly as he spoke.

"Fuck off Matty, this isn't funny," George snapped harshly, pushing Matty away from him gently, but Matty wasn't done pressing his point.

"Open up the till," Matty growled playfully, "give me all of your money."

"Seriously Matty, fucking stop," George yelled, causing Matty to freeze in his tracks when George backed away with a panicked look on his face. "You're acting mental, pointing a fucking loaded gun at me, I just - I don't like this, any of this."

"Oh..." Matty exhaled heavily, his face visibly falling as he sat back down heavily. "I didn't mean to upset you."

"Well you did - just...can we drop this?" George asked quietly, his expression still holding a fearful cast that Matty hated to know that he'd put there.

"Yeah - whatever," Matty shrugged, his head drooping slightly as George continued to stand there stiffly.

"I'm going to get something to eat, don't hurt yourself with that," George muttered before leaving the room quickly, and although Matty wanted to protest, to apologize, to ask if they were actually fighting or not, he did none of those things.

Matty shouldn't have acted so stupidly, but he'd been excited, and he wanted to share that with George. Still - he could have guessed that George would have reacted in that fashion, he'd been even more protective of him now that they were together than he previously was, which Matty had thought was impossible, but lately he'd gone so far as to try and take Matty's place during most of their robberies, which Matty was less than pleased with, to say the least.

Matty knew George was worried about him, but it wasn't fair to leave him out all of the time. He wanted to help with their heists, otherwise he wouldn't feel like he was contributing at all, not to mention he thrived off of the rush he got from participating, which he had told George the last time he'd asked Ross if they could trade out, but apparently George was still resistant to put Matty in harm's way even though he did it himself quite often.

When the door closed behind George, Matty aimed the gun at it, pretending to shoot at the physical barrier that was separating him from George. When he realized how silly he looked, he slumped down with a tired sigh, pressing the gun against his lips for a few moments before setting it on the windowsill and picking up his abandoned bottle of liquor instead, drowning his disappointments and frustrations in alcohol since that was much easier than making himself face George at the moment.