I'll give you one more time, we'll give you one more fight

George took Matty out to the cinema the next day, demanding that they go on a proper date now that they were officially together, and of course, Matty was physically incapable of refusing George anything, not that he would ever say no to a date with George.

Matty couldn't stop giggling once they left the house, his black shirt which he'd failed to button in favor of showing off the bruises decorating his skin blowing around him as he grabbed George's hand eagerly, reveling in being able to do this without second-guessing himself at every step.

George grinned back at him happily, his eyes glittering in the dull light as Matty all but pranced in front of him, his joy manifesting itself in his restlessness and his eternal smile.

Matty didn't even bother to listen as George purchased their tickets, meaning that he was clueless as to what film they were actually watching, but he didn't really care either way. If he was being honest with himself, he'd probably end up staring at George for most of the night no matter what they were seeing, he was much more fascinating than any movie ever made.

Matty did stop to get a small popcorn when they passed by the counter, remembering how much he used to love the buttery snack as a child, getting a soda as well when George asked for one. Matty almost spilled half of the bucket in his hurry to get to their seats, earning himself an affectionate huff from George as he threw himself across the plush cushions.

"Did you take a line before we left?" George chuckled when Matty continued to bounce around even now that he was confined to a chair, his eyes drinking in everything as they waited for the movie to start.

"No actually, I'm just happy," Matty grinned, "I've never been on a date before, hell - I can't even remember the last time I was in a cinema."

"Glad I suggested this then," George smiled back before leaning over to steal a quick kiss from Matty just as the lights went down and the trailers began to play.

Matty grew bored with the movie quickly, but he managed to entertain himself in other ways which mostly involved pestering George constantly even after being shushed by him numerous times which only ended with Matty pulling George's sunglasses down over his eyes in retaliation.

George finally got Matty to calm down when he pulled out a small container that Matty knew he kept his coke in, allowing Matty to suck some of it off his finger so he could watch the rest of the film in peace, which Matty was more than happy to comply with, although he was a bit shocked by the fact that he was getting more of a rush from nibbling on George's hand than the drugs.

Finally, the film ended, allowing Matty the freedom to move, which he desperately needed now that his gums were slightly numb and he was thrumming with energy. George let Matty drag him out of the cinema without protest, his large strides easily keeping up with his springy steps as they emerged into the cool night air, and Matty found himself a bit disappointed when he saw that the sun had already set.

"Did you have a good time love?" George asked when Matty continued to stare at the last fading dredges of color that painted the sky, the soft pinks and dark blues fascinating him for some reason that he couldn't quite explain. "Sorry if you didn't like the film much, you can pick next time."

"Shut up," Matty smirked, turning his gaze away from the horizon so he could look at George instead, knowing that no matter what movie they watched he would have been distracted by George either way. "It was a lovely date," Matty promised him as he grabbed his hand, tucking himself up against George as he began to sway from side to side.

"Yeah?" George hummed, following Matty's movements until they were practically slow dancing in the street, leaving Matty grinning happily as he rested his face on George's chest.

"It was perfect."