Said one more line, be a riot, cause I know you

The highlight of Matty's week besides finally admitting his feelings to George came when Adam uncovered a karaoke machine in the house they were staying in, which of course meant that Matty had to put it to good use as soon as possible.

Matty hooked it up the next evening, making sure everything worked as he took sips from a bottle of liquor intermittently. They were all staying in for the night since they had a good stock of booze and they didn't need to go on another heist anytime soon, and Matty was going to make the most of this house while he still could.

George simply groaned when he came out of the bedroom and saw Matty fiddling with the machine, a secret smile tugging at his lips as he went to grab a beer before he sat down next to Matty who had just gotten the device to turn on.

"Are you serious Matty?"

"Yes, I'm going to serenade you all tonight, and it'll be wonderful, just you watch. See - I've even got a little stage set up and everything." Matty gestured to the random assortment of furniture he had pushed together into what resembled a platform, pride infusing his tone although George didn't seem all that impressed.

"You are the most ridiculous person I've ever met," George chuckled throatily, leaning over to give Matty a kiss when he pouted his bottom lip out obnoxiously.

"But you love me right?"

"Always," George promised, whispering the word against Matty's skin before standing up again, "but I do know I am going to need to be high for this. Don't tell me Ross has smoked all the weed already?"

"Don't think so," Matty muttered as he fiddled with the numerous dials and colored buttons, causing George to flinch when the microphone began squeaking obnoxiously. "Want to grab us a spiff?"

"Don't feel up to moving," George groaned, digging in his pockets as if he hoped to find some forgotten weed there, emerging with a crumpled packet of cigarettes instead. "This okay?"

"That works," Matty shrugged, snagging the least crushed looking one quickly and lighting it before he hit the play button on the karaoke machine, hopping onto the stage with the mic grabbed in his free hand.

"Do you even know the words to this?" George chuckled lightly as a vaguely familiar song began to flow through the shitty speakers, the title of which Matty couldn't remember if he had ever even known it.

George's body followed Matty upward until he was leaning against the edge of the raised area with a look on his face that Matty could only label as adoration, causing Matty to become momentarily distracted until he realized that George was waiting on his response.

"Nah, but that's alright, I can improvise," Matty grinned, his mouth continuing to twitch happily as he hummed for a bit before singing whatever nonsense popped into his head.

Matty got quite into his performance as he danced along to the tune enthusiastically while belting what he hoped were close to the right lyrics although he hadn't heard this song in years, he even tumbled off the edge of the stage at one point much to George's amusement when he got caught up in George's laughter and forgot to watch his footing.

"You're awful," George scoffed when Matty held the mic out to him, ignoring Matty's pleading expression entirely as he pushed his lips against the metal teasingly.

"But you love me," Matty retorted cheekily, his heart swelling in his chest when George moved the microphone out of the way so he could brush his fingers against Matty's cheek.

"I do, I'm bloody head over heels for you," George admitted quietly, his breath ghosting across Matty's face in a way that made it impossible for Matty not to lean down and kiss him until their lips were both red and swollen.