You've got a pretty kind of dirty face

Matty grinned up at George as he scooted back and forth on the skateboard he'd found recently, which was the reason for their impromptu stop at a park that Matty had spied on the edge of the road. Ross had complained of course, but when Adam had suggested they could all smoke up without having to worry about driving, Ross had easily given in.

Honestly, Matty had no idea how to properly skate, he had never really done it much as a child, but he was having a good time, or more so, he was enjoying the adoring smile that George kept shooting him whenever he glanced in his direction.

Matty was certain that he'd never get tired of George looking at him that way, even after becoming so accustomed to it. He'd been with his new family for quite some time now, maybe over six months, Matty wasn't entirely certain, but it felt like years and a few days all at once.

Time moved differently living this sort of life, but Matty knew his birthday had come and gone, which George of course hadn't forgotten about. He'd insisted that they throw Matty a ridiculous party full of cake and booze which had ended up with them all passed out in various awkward positions in the abandoned house they'd found to crash in for the night, and Matty couldn't remember having so much fun on his birthday since he was a child.

Matty was thriving now, or at least he felt like he was. Sure, he'd picked up a lot of bad habits, including cigarettes, and coke, and drinking whenever he could get his hand on a bottle, but he liked the way it made him feel. It was as if he was chasing the high that he got when he stole, and the only thing that eclipsed that was the feeling he got when he was around George.

Matty was beginning to think that he was a little bit in love with George, or possibly a lot. It had been confusing at first, he'd never really given much thought to his sexuality at all, and it didn't bother him that George was a boy, but he had assumed his feelings were more innocent in nature. George had saved him after all, he'd taken him away from the streets and provided him with the love and protection that Matty had been craving, so he'd thought that his adoration for George would wear off over time into simple friendship.

It hadn't though, not at all, in fact, quite the opposite had happened. Matty was completely smitten with George, it had reached the point where his stomach would flutter whenever George touched him, even if it was just a small brush of the hand. Matty wanted to say something to the older man, but he forced himself to keep quiet, too afraid of releasing tension in their relationship if George didn't feel the same way.

Matty continued to roll around clumsily on his board, his vaguely fluid motions constantly being interrupted as he tried to keep George within his line of vision. He appeared even prettier today than usual with the sun at his back and a spiff pressed against his lips, and eventually, Matty gave up on skating, deciding to plop down in George's lap instead, earning himself a friendly eye roll from the other man.

"You look ridiculous out there," George giggled airily, his free hand automatically gravitating toward Matty's hair that he'd pulled back in a bun to keep it out of his face. He'd recently shaved the sides in an attempt at some sort of punk look that he thought made him appear older, although George had teased him for it relentlessly afterward. "Should ask Adam to teach you how to skate, he's decent at it."

"Nah, I'm good here," Matty hummed, his eyes slipping shut as George began stroking through his locks soothingly. "We're going to hit up another shop tonight right?"

"Yeah that's the plan," George sighed, the sound emitting heavier than usual, inspiring Matty to peer up at George quizzically.

"You alright love?"

"Course," George shrugged, taking another hit on his spiff hurriedly before pressing it to Matty's lips so he could take a drag when he angled his torso upward. "Just worried I guess. You've been getting a bit...bold, and I don't want you getting hurt or caught you know?"

"But that's the thing George, they can't catch us, and we're in and out so quickly that no one has time to do anything about it. They don't even know our names. We're like ghosts - we're nobody."

"You're everything to me," George blurted out suddenly, his cheeks going red as Matty choked on the smoke still residing in his lungs. "I'm sorry, I've just got a bad feeling in my gut, I'm sure I'm being silly."

"Wait - how did you mean that?" Matty asked as he pushed himself into a proper sitting position, his heart thudding heavily in his chest as he decided to take the plunge while he'd been given such a perfect opportunity.

"I - you know how," George evaded, his eyes dancing around nervously before finally landing back on Matty's upturned face. "I care about you, I always have, so don't act so surprised by that."

Matty nibbled on his bottom lip as his suppressed feeling welled inside of him, debating on if he should admit everything before he lost his courage completely and they were stuck forever in limbo, and honestly, with the way George was looking at him right now, Matty was convinced that George loved him too.

"And if I want more, if I think I might be in love with you?" Matty pressed, the world around him seeming to stop turning as he waited for George's answer, because really, George was his whole world, and this moment could easily be the best or worst experience of his entire life.

"Then I'd say I'm in love with you as well, have been for a while," George grinned cheekily, his eyes sparkling brightly as Matty drew in a deep breath that his body was starving for since his lungs had ceased to function until just now, "and I'd add on that if you're only just now figuring that out then you're more of an idiot than I thought you were."

"Fucking hell," Matty chuckled as he dragged George's mouth down to his, their lips brushing against each other's tentatively until George pushed into his touch eagerly, kissing him hard and deep in a way that stole all of the newly acquired oxygen that Matty had just inhaled. "Been wanting to do that for months," Matty admitted when George pulled back so he could take the spiff from Matty's limp hand before he burned himself with it which he was in serious danger of doing since it was resting very close to the rip in the knee of his jeans.

George didn't answer with words, he simply took a drag from the blunt before connecting their mouths again, blowing the smoke against Matty's lips which he drew in eagerly, his body tingling from the weed, but mostly because of George.

"I've been thinking about kissing you for so long," George finally whispered, his tone sounding awed and almost reverent in nature, but before Matty could comment something like 'why didn't you then', George was licking his way into his mouth, his wide hands lacing around the back of Matty's neck as their tongues stroked against each other's gently.

"Finally," Matty heard Ross call out from across the way, "took you both bloody long enough."

"Now we won't have to listen to George moaning about his feelings anymore, thank god," Adam tacked on, but Matty ignored them both, flipping them the middle finger as he pulled George closer, their breath mingling together as Matty melted against George's larger frame.

"Shit," Matty groaned when George leaned down so he could begin trailing kisses across Matty's neck, his teeth scraping over the slender column of Matty's throat in a manner that left him shivering and needy. "Can we go home?" Matty asked quietly, referring to the house they were staying in for now which belonged to a friend of Ross's. He was trying to sell it, but that wasn't working out for him, so he was letting them stay there until he got an offer on it.

"Robbery first remember?" George whispered against his skin, the hot puffs of air causing Matty's stomach to coil with heat as he pressed into George's lips eagerly.

"I'll make sure to nab condoms and lube," Matty smirked, a quiet moan escaping his mouth soon after when George chuckled roughly in the way of a response, burying the sound against Matty neck which left him lightheaded, and giggling, and so very in love.