Chapter 9: A Change Of Heart

CHRIS' POV

Chris was restless as he slept. He hadnt been getting much sleep lately and what he did get was anything but rejuvinating. His dreams were filled with images of Wyatt from the future and his fears that he wouldnt be able to protect his brother in the past. But tonight his dreams were confusing and somehow satisfying to an inner yearning that he didnt know he had.

I walked around in the dark, unsure of what to do. I knew I was looking for someone, though I wasnt too sure who that someone was...

Suddenly a blinding white light turned on. I covered my eyes to shield them away from the bright light. I opened my eues slowly and as my eyes began to adjust I looked up and saw Bianca. My love that had died trying to save me from my brother, Wyatt. "Bianca" I whispered and stepped forward into the light to see her. She smiled kindly "Hello Chris"

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She reached up and touched my face. "Im here to tell you to let go, Chris. Let go of me and move on, move on to a new love that awaits you" I looked at her confused "But I am over you" I said confused. She sighed and shook her head "No Chris, youre not and thats why you feel so angry all the time"

I opened my mouth to say something but Bianca put her fingers over my lips "Stop fighting it, Chris. Stop fighting and open your heart and mind to what awaits you." I was still so confused, what was she talking about? But before I had the chance to ask, Bianca leaned up, kissed my cheek and whispered goodbye.

And with that she was gone. I was surrounded by darkness once more. I wandered around again, unsure of how I should proceed. It felt like hours of me aimlessly walking around and soon something else happened. Another light appeared and when I squinted my eyes to let them adjust to the light I thought I would be opening them to see Bianca once more. But I was mistaken, it wasnt Bianca who stood there looking like an angel.

It was Leah who was standing there, looking like an avenging goddess.

"Leah?" I said "What are you doing here?" I asked and moved closer to her. She watched me with uncertain eyes, and my chest started to ache. My hand itched to reach out and stroke her cheek and I wanted so badly to pull her into my arms that I thought I might actually do it. But where were these feelings coming from? They werent my own...or were they? No. That wasnt possible. Leah was a demon, she was wrong. A freak of nature.

But she isnt, whispered a little voice in my head. I thought about all of this for a while as I searched her eyes. "Why do you hate me?" She finally whispered. My chest hurt like she just stabbed me "I dont hate you" I whispered back.

She shook her head and tears sprung to her eyes "Yes, you do. Its the only explanation to why youve been treating me like you do." She lowered her head and something inside of me broke. I reached out and lifted her chin up to look back up at me. "I dont hate you" I insisted. A tear fell from between her lashes and I caught it with my finger, wiping it away. Something inside me buzzed and I nearly pulled her into my arms and kissed her passionately.

But I didnt. I still knew that her existance defied everything that I was taught about. Her eyes drooped again "Stop pulling away" she whispered. "Stop pulling away from what?" I asked.

She came up closer to me, moving so that our faces were inches apart. She looked deeply into my eyes before she spoke.

"From me" she finally said.

Chris woke up from his dream in a cold sweat. His mind swirled and he wondered if it was actually a dream or a vision. How could any of this make sense? He didnt have feelings for Leah and he was definately over Bianca. So then why was he feeling this way? Why did he have this dream? What did it mean? Chris ran his hand over his face Whatever he thought, deciding to brush off the dream and pretend like it never happened.