Chapter Two

It has been three days since I talked to my mom about Thor, and she refused to speak about it. Plus the phone call I heard to Darcy; what does Darcy know?

    “HEY KID! WAKE UP!” Darcy’s voice yelled up the stairs as I rolled my eyes at my laptop; no more reading for me until this project was done, well, maybe, “Torie? Did you hear me?” Darcy asked opening my bedroom door and staring at me.

    “No, I’m sleeping,” I told her looking through one of the books about Thor.

    “That’s hilarious. What are you doing?” she asked as I looked at her, rolled my eyes, and continued looking at the book.

    “Reading a book,” I said as she sighed, “Writing a report on Thor.”

    “That’s...cool,” Darcy said as I looked at her and saw a weird expression on her face.

    “What?”

    “No-no, nothing, uh, you want breakfast?” she asked as I looked at her, Darcy never stuttered.

    “Darcy, it’s two in the afternoon,” I told her, “Do you know anything about Thor? Or why my mom is acting so weird?” I asked her as Darcy looked at me.

    “Your mom? Acting weird? NO!” she yelled as she shot out of the room faster than I could reply, “I’M MAKING BREAKFAST!” she yelled back and I heard her feet thundering down the stairs.

    “I ALREADY ATE BREAKFAST AT SIX!” I yelled back; I had stayed up all night researching, and I was still not tired.

    “Too bad!” I heard when the door downstairs opened, “Chelsea! How are you? I’m making breakfast, do you want some? Torie is upstairs in her room!”

    I was engrossed in my laptop once again when I heard footsteps in my room, “Is Darcy acting strange? I mean for real, it’s two in the afternoon and she’s making breakfast? I mean she always talks that much but it’s like she has a secret and can’t tell us,” Chelsea said as I heard a plop.

    “Don’t plop down on my bed,” I told her not turning to look at her, “And my mom is the same way right now, too.”

    “Where is my second mom?” Chelsea asked as I typed up some information and sighed.

    “She went on this science thing, or something, I don’t know, she left Wednesday night, and I guess coming back home today or something,” I told her shutting my laptop.

    Finally turning around I saw Chelsea with her backpack and a duffle bag, “You going somewhere?” I asked as she sighed falling back on my bed into the pile of pillows.

    “I’m staying here for the rest of the weekend, my parents are going to New York, and thought they shouldn’t take me, and then we got into an argument. Plus I need to start my research paper,” she said.

    “You haven’t started?” I asked as she sighed and shook her head.

    “Of course not! I’ve been way too busy, what about you?” she asked as I looked at her.        “What do you think Chels? I’m not in sports, and I spend my weekends reading, do you really think I haven’t researched it yet?” I asked as Chelsea rolled her eyes.

    “Well, tell me about him,” she said, “That I already don’t know,” she added, but then smiled, “No, no, tell me what you’ve learned about him.”

    Reopening my laptop, I went to my note’s page, “Well, it says that he once came to Earth from Asgard, and fell in love with this scientist. The scientist then carried his baby, and Thor never knew. It also says that Thor hasn’t been back to Earth in over seventeen years, and the scientist once went to Asgard, but had to be returned to Earth,” I said as Chelsea’s eyes widened, “And it says he came to New Mexico, it’s where he was when his father kicked him out. That’s where he met the scientist, and I don’t know. There also is this legend,” I said biting my lip.