Jalan (1 ): Interruptions and Seductions

Bhalla. Residence 11.00 am
Ishita spent the morning tidying up Ruhi's room, now that mamaji had departed, and organising her clothes and books for the week ahead. She was careful not to disturb Raman, wanting him to get some much needed sleep, and so had kept out of their bedroom.

"He works so hard" she thought to herself. "He must've been burning the midnight oil all week at that project."

After tidying Ruhi's room, she had tried her hand at making a punjabi breakfast for her husband, hoping that her Punjabi cooking skills had improved and that he would enjoy the meal cooked by her. He had said he had liked the food she had cooked in the Tandon farmhouse, but this was a bit more elaborate. Fingers crossed Ishita she told herself.

It was almost 11 by the time Ishita went back to their bedroom to check on Raman. The work she had been doing had left her sweaty and grimy and she had just taken a shower. Her wet hair was streaming down her back and shoulders, covering the top of the creamy white towelling robe she wore over her lingerie.

She walked up to the bed. Raman was still asleep, but the exhaustion she had seen that morning appeared to have been smoothed away. He had kicked away his duvet and his shirt buttons were open almost to his waist. He looked so young and vulnerable in his sleep, and, she had to admit, his vulnerability made him even more desirable to her.

She sat on the bed beside him, and  stared at his face. The firm jaw, that aquiline nose, his beautiful full lips, the way his thick black hair sprung back from his forehead. A deep longing welled up inside her. "How did I ever get so lucky" she whispered, as she tenderly touched his forehead. Unbeknownst to her, the long tendrils of her wet hair brushed against his bare forearm and chest, slithering across his skin like a damp caress.

"Raman" she murmured softly. "Ab uth jao na baba." (Raman. Wake up please baby)

Raman had been enjoying his usual morning dream of Ishita. This was the dream he had recently been having almost every day as he awoke, when his senses became attuned to her presence. In his dream, she would take the lead in their love making, kissing, touching and teasing him, taking him to ecstasy and beyond. The dream felt extra real today, he thought, as he stirred. He could actually feel her caresses.

"Raman" her voice came through to him. "Utho na baba. Please". (Ramann. Wake up baby. Please)

Raman slowly opened his eyes. She was sitting by his side, her beautiful face void of any make up, her wet hair caressing his arms, his chest; her hands softly stroking his face.

"Good morning jaan" she said softly, as his eyes focused on her.

He smiled slowly, his eyes running over her, taking in her beauty encased in her robe, lingering on the creamy skin of her cleavage, where the robe gaped open.

"Good morning baby" he said huskily, his voice still heavy with sleep. He raised his hand and pulled her down on top of him, then rolled over until he had pinned her underneath him.

"Raman, nooo." Ishita protested. "Dekho, din ho gaya hai. Yeh kya kar rahe ho."( Raman, noo. It's daytime. What are you doing?)

"Din ho gaya toh itne nakhre?" He grinned, tracing her lips with his forefinger. "Us raat theatre me toh no nahi, haan kar rahi thi?" (So all this drama just because it's morning. That night in the theatre, you weren't saying no were you?)

"Us raat na jaane kya ho gaya tha" Ishita shuddered as he pinched her lips lightly.
(I don't know what came over me that night)

"Accha lag raha tha" (I loved it) he whispered. " I love your bold side Ishita. I want you to want me, to touch me, to kiss me, to have your way with me..."