Ishq Chupta Nahi Chupaane Se

Tum Bewafa Ho?
Bhalla Residence 3.00 am, Friday.

Romi Bhalla was in a quandary. Two days had passed since the telephone call from Mr Bhalla asking him to pick up Ishita bhabhi from the clinic.

It was now 3.00 am on Friday morning, and sleep was proving as elusive tonight as it had been since that fateful Tuesday night. He had been unable to tell his father that he was at the clinic and that Ishita Bhabhi was no where to be seen. Instead he had gone home and had been subjected to a long lecture from his father on the evils of excessive drink, and how it was high time that he pulled up his socks and became a responsible man like his Raman Bhai.

Raman Bhai! He was the reason for Romi's heartburn. Romi loved his Ishita Bhabhi, but his loyalties and his devotion lay with his beloved big brother.

"Just what is Ishita Bhabhi up to?" He wondered for the umpteenth time. "Why did she lie about being at the clinic? And what was that telephone conversation he had partially heard all about? The "I love you jaan?"

Ishita Bhabhi was not like Shagun, he knew that in his heart. But what did it all mean? He knew that Raman Bhai and Ishita Bhabhi did not have a conventional marriage, that there was no love between them, but she was Ruhi's mother, and he knew that his brother now admired and respected his wife. If something was really wrong, then his Bhai would be shattered. But what could he, Romi, do? Who could he speak to?

He would have to confront Ishita bhabi, he finally decided. And he would have to do it soon. He lay on his bed, hoping for sleep, but dreading the coming day.

Iyer Residence. 3.00 am, Friday
Across the hall, in the Iyer Residence, Mihika also lay awake in her bed. She had tried to speak to Ishu akka about her doubts and fears for the past two days, but both she and Ishita had been busy at work and she and simply been unable to get her alone. She knew that she could not make her doubts obvious to her periamma or periappa. There must be some simple explanation, some reason behind akka's behaviour. There must!

Vandu akka had said as much in the one hurried telephone call they had shared yesterday. "Just let it be for a day or two Mihika" she had urged. "We will speak to Ishu together in the weekend. I am sure there is a simple explanation for what you think you heard. And as for Ishu not being at the clinic last night, you know she does do locums sometimes. She must've been at another clinic. Mihika, I know Ishu is over Subbu. She may not love Raman, but she would never do anything to risk losing Ruhi or anything that would bring shame on amma or appa. So just chill. We will talk to her."

However, Mihika had not been satisfied. Ishu akka had a dreamy look on her face these days, and Mihika was scared. How could Subbu's presence in Delhi be a mere coincidence?

Mihika knew she would have to confront her akka very soon.

Friday morning 7.30 am
Athiti Tum Kab Jaoge?
Ishita awoke at her customary early time on Friday morning. She had just finished dressing Ruhi and was brushing her hair when Toshi walked into their room with the phone.

"Ishita, puttar, Raman ko tumse baat karna hai." (Ishita, Raman wants to talk to you)

"Itni subha?" (So early?) Ishita wondered as she took the phone from Mummyji.

"Haan, Raman, kya hua?" (Yes Raman, what's the matter?) She was conscious of both Mummyji and Ruhi standing close by.

"Ishita, I was just talking to mamaji and papaji. Mamaji's treatment has finished and he wants to go back home. Papa aur Ma bhi jaana chah rahe hai, sab ko milne. Kitni din ho gaye hai Rinki ko ghar aaye hue, tho yeh accha mauka hai Rinki aur mamaji se milne ka. Saturday early morning jayenge aur Sunday ko aa jayenge. Can you please arrange for a hire car for everyone. Ek badi si four wheel drive hire kar lena. Simi, Ananya, Ruhi, Romi, sab jayenge" Raman spoke quickly.
(Ishita, I was just talking to mamaji and papaji. Mamaji's treatment has finished and he wants to go back home. Papa and mum also want to go and meet everyone. Rinkihasn't been back to Delhi for so long, and this is a good chance to see her too. All will go early Saturday morning and come back on Sunday. Can you please arrange for a hire car for everyone. Hire a big four wheel drive. Simi, Ananya, Ruhi, Romi, all will go)