Moriarty's Clue

“She’s a fun one, isn’t she?” Moriarty began.

“Oh, yes, very fun.”

John had the feeling this was going to be one of those conversations that he would have no part of.

Moriarty leant back. “You know, she hasn’t been in London for a while.”

“Really?”

“Mmm, the last time I can recall was…a few decades ago, actually. You know, when I was younger, she was my…teacher, let’s call her.”

“So it is a woman?”

“Oh, yes, certainly. Though she didn’t call herself Maria then. But that,” he said in a boisterous voice, “is a story for another day.”

“Then what can you tell me?” Sherlock asked annoyed.

“Funny really, she’s so manipulative, isn’t she? And the obsession with mirrors.” He gave Sherlock a look, and he gasped.

“Of course! The mirrors! I’m an idiot.” He stood and bowed slightly to Moriarty. “Thank you for your assistance.” He walked quickly to the door. “John, hurry. I know where she is.”

“Really?”

Sherlock sighed. “Yes.”

“One thing,” Moriarty called after them. “Tell her I said hi.”

Sherlock hurried outside and hailed a taxi.

“Sherlock!” John said, annoyed. “Where are we going?”

“Mirrors, John, mirrors!”

“What about them?”

“She uses mirrors! She managed to make a fake mirror!”

“So?”

“So? What do you mean so?”

“Where are we going Sherlock?” John asked annoyed.

“The abandoned glass factory!” Sherlock said happily.