Patience

Sherlock paced up and down the room.

“But-” John began.

“No.” Sherlock said. He didn’t have the patience to deal with John.

“This is-”

“No.” Sherlock repeated.

“I-”

Sherlock sighed and knelt beside John, forgetting the social norm of ‘personal space.’ John squirmed uncomfortably. “This woman is a genius. Even if I did tell Lestrade what I know about her- which I can assure you, is not a lot – and handed in my phone for scans and whatnot, we would not gain any new information about her. This woman has evaded Mycroft’s intelligence system. What chance would the police have?”

John sighed. “I still think you should tell him.”

Sherlock stood up. “Not interested.”

“Of course you wouldn’t be.”

Sherlock groaned. “Come on, John. This is far too delicate to let Lestrade handle. Besides, she contacted me. I’m sure she could tell if the police got my phone.”

Suddenly Sherlock’s phone rang. There was a silence.

“Do… do you think that’s her?” John asked.

“One way to find out,” Sherlock said with a smirk as he pressed answer and brought the phone up to his ear.

“Hello, Sherlock?” came a voice. Sherlock’s face fell slightly.

“What is it Lestrade, I’m busy?”

“Well, yeah, I am too, you know,” Lestrade replied, annoyed. “But there’s something here I thought you might like a look at.”