Video Footage

Sherlock sat in front of the monitor and watched the figure – clad in black, carry in the mirror, placing it and hastily write the note in lipstick. She then turned, bowed to the camera, straightened and blew a kiss, before fleeing the scene. Sherlock frowned.

“I assume you found no dna? Skin fragments and the like?”

“Well, that was what my men were trying to do before you kicked them out, but no. She’d covered her tracks pretty well.”

“She snuck into the hospital wearing an incredibly suspicious outfit and carrying a full length mirror. She managed to get past everyone including security and doctors and patients alike without anyone noticing her, not to mention all the cameras posted around, which I assume came up with nothing as well. She then managed to fake a text message to the morgue attendant to get her out of the room, and you think she covered her tracks ‘pretty well?’”

There was a silence. “Well, ah, yes, when you put it like that…”

Sherlock sighed and put the footage on repeat.

“What’s that?” he asked, as he watched her put down the mirror.

“What?” John asked.

“She hesitated. Just for a second. When she put down the mirror.”

“Well, maybe she was tired.” Lestrade said.

“Tired? Lestrade, you felt how light that mirror was. It wasn’t tiredness. This woman managed to sneak into the morgue. No, it was something else.” He frowned and tapped the screen. “Who's that?”

“I don’t…”

Sherlock stood up suddenly. “Go get Molly. I think I have a lead.”