Chapter 12

Nicole's POV

After doing my daily hygiene routine, I made my way to the kitchen, a hint of embarassment eating out my insides. I felt a bit discomposed to show myself, since Ray had caught me shielding my body as if December 21st 2012 came in early.

Immediately, I noticed a table full of delectables. There were at least five stacks of decorated pancakes, fresh waffles with whipped strawberries, crisped bagels, a platter-full of bacon -- it was a typical American breakfast. Except, this one was over-dramatized to the max. Not to mention that the dining table was practically designed for the Queen of England, with elegant wood carivings on the legs and the base; it just made this look exquisite, and it was only breakfast.

 “Damn,” I said with a scoff, catching everyone’s attention. “When you guys order room service, you ain’t playing.” 

Ray looked at me funny, then wailed a laugh. “You know Prod cooked this food, right?” 

I looked up and saw Prodigy staring at me from head to toe. Instantly, my cheeks flush in complete shame. You idiot, I thought in my head. This was the second time I’ve humiliated myself in front of the boys, and it was only the morning. 

“I’m so sorry,” I apologized to Prod as he came walked towards me. As I brought myself back to the beginning of our "date", I realized I really did underestimate Prodigy. For whatever reaso -- whether it was for higher publicity stats or simply to have a fun time -- he exerted all his effort, and I didn’t think about it until now. Looking back at the set of dishes, I thought about how long it took for him to prepare all this food. I needed to thank him later on for every thing he’s done for me, and well, the rest of us.  

He’d make a great father, I thought in my head as a small smirk appeared on the crest of my lips out of silliness.

Prod’s laugh interrupted my thoughts. “It’s fine, Nic.” I saw him lean over up to my ear. “By the way, you look smoking hot with what you’re wearing right now.”

A giggle forcibly escaped my lips. I had on faded sweats and a basketball t-shirt he had given me back during Freshman year. It was evidently oversized, considering that he outgrew it (he was able to put on some muscle). My hair was tied in a messy bun, and since we weren’t planning on leaving the room, I had on no makeup. You’d expect a guy to compliment you when you were half-naked and practically coated, but for Prodigy, it was the complete opposite. I laughed in my head on how "different" he was.

I heard Ray peep up. “Not to ruin the mood-”

“But can you not have dry sex before we eat breakfast?” Prince intervened,scrunching his eyebrows like a mad man. I pushed Prodigy away from me, embarrassed that that was how people -- well, Prince -- thought of us. 

“Fine,” Prodigy said with an evil smile. “We’ll have it after breakfast.”

Ray laughed and did his handshake with Prodigy across the room. Princeton started turning red, and out of anger, stormed his way out of the kitchen. I knew Prod was kidding, especially since we weren’t really together. Even though everyone [hopefully] didn’t know that, it made me feel bad that it affected others -- well, Prince.

 The right thing to do was to go after him, or maybe tell Prodigy to apologize. But sadly, I didn’t do neither of them. 

I went over to grab plates for everyone, even one for Princeton, if he was going to come out of his room.