Chapter 21

Nicole's POV

It has now been a full three weeks since the embarassing Ellen enterview, also the markdown of two weeks and six days since the official start of the Mindless tour. As of now, the group and I are in the authentic city of Chicago, but as much as I had fond for American history, I couldn't find a single speck of delight within me.

My foster mom called me earlier today, confronting me about the public situation on Ellen. She seemed genuinely understanding, considering that she offered to purchase a one-way plane ticket to our hometown, Philly. Although she was a tad two weeks and six days late of comfort,  it did bring me consolation that someone finally understood my place of motive. She gave me more contentment through the phone than Walter and Kesha did in person, but who could I compare? She's my mother.

Hesitantly, I rejected her offer. Many may be wondering why, and honestly, I, myself, was apart of that crowd. Perhaps it was that I knew my relations with the majority on this bus were shattered, and I literally wanted to super glue each and every broken piece together? Maybe it was the fact that I had the opportunity to travel the world freely, or because remaining with the boys would show the public that everything was 'alright?' Whatever it was, I knew swell that I didn't want my relationship with Prodigy fixed whatsoever... well, if it was even possible to be 'fixed.'

Sighing heavily, I fixated my upright position to match an already stranding pillow, and leaned my tense body on the wall. My brown eyes focused on the television set across from me, as I observed a recent Ellen Degeneres interview with Selena Gomez.

"And speaking of adorable," cooed Ellen, "how's Justin?"

Selena flashed a radiating smile at the audience. "He's good."

"How's he doing?"

Selena brought her attention to Ellen. "He's doing really, really well."

Immediately, jealousy overrided my system, as I glared at the monitor with much vexation. I despised how broad Ellen's questions were, while I received some on-point, detailed ones. However, in spite of the vast fury I was keeping in, I knew I couldn't be mad at Ellen. The blame's fiery fingers pointed directly at Prodigy, a few even at Walter for demanding a continuation of the stunt.

As Selena explained in rough detail how her dates with Justin were, I heard the door to my room swiftly creak its way open. I turned my direction to the noise, noticing an overjoyed Colby with a miniature stuffed bear clutched in her left palm.

"Oh my god!" screeched Colby, darting her way towards my bed. My eyes bulked in astonishment to how happy this girl was; her hands were thrown up in the air as if she were at a raid. "Nicole! You will not guess what just happened!"

She then jumped besides me, staring at my confused facial expression with much delight. She was searching for an answer, however, I was too bewildered to even respond. Although Colby and I were on good terms when we first met, we haven't uttered a single word to each other since the day she found out about my fake relationship with Prodigy -- nearly a month ago. Considering that we share a convenient room on Big Mama, it was especially hard to hold in the urge to talk to her.

Not to mention that I've been emotionally scarred since that day of confrontation, and I haven't had anyone to talk to. Yes, I did converse with Ray and Roc about the situation for a couple times -- Roc more than Ray, truthfully -- but it wasn't ideally like how a conversation with Colby or Prodigy would be like. I was so desperate, that I even attempted to befriend the boys' dancers, who were females around their mid-twenties. There was this one teenager, though, by the name of Kaelynn Harris. She was a year younger than me, but she qualified the proper characteristics that displayed her maturity. However, it was quite odd to vent to her since everyone knew she had intimate feelings for Prodigy since the grouping of Mindless Behavior. Hell, even Prodigy knew that, but who was I to say anything?