Chapter 1

I stared at my reflection through the body length mirror, observing each detail of my physique vigorously. Coated with fairly air brushed makeup, I was starting to believe that I indeed looked like the natural beaut my mother would call me back in the days. 

Pinching my ears were the 19 carat diamond earrings I was loaned. It complimented my satin black dress elegantly, as that hugged each and every part of my peeping curves. Bouncy curls -- all thanks to a curling iron and volumizing mousse -- fell over my shoulder and landed just above my breast area. The shoes shielding my feet were another story, however, for they were a pierce bloody red Prada high heels. Keisha thought it would bring the media's attention towards me, and I agreed, due to the fact that both colors reflected my caramel skin flawlessly.

Feeling certain with the final look of my physical appearnce, I completed a 360 spin with a radiant smile plastered on my crimson-colored lips. Never have I, Nicole Parker, been practically infatuated with the appearance of myself. I have many reasons not to be; one including the persons Prodigy and the rest of Mindless Behavior entertain. 

"Nicole!" I heard Walter's booming voice screech my name. "You're going to make us late for the BET Awards!"

My thoughts were quickly annihilated with the sound of his demanding voice. In a hurry, I left the secluded room and rushed down the winding wooden staircase of what they call the 'Conjunction House'. While scurrying down, I found myself missing a few steps, tripping on the edges, and even twisting the five inch stilettos! The process continued until I landed knees-first on the granite flooring, feeling upon the cold tiles against my bare knees in exhaustion.

With a slight chuckle, a deep voice hovering over me noted, "Getting used to the high heels, I see?"

Bringing my brown orbs upwards in wonder, I saw an African American teenager dressed in a pressed, suited satin tuxedo, coal Levi's (which sagged below to his mid-thigh), matching Jordans, and a velvet tie. Due to the fact that it was in perfectly styled, his hair seemed to be freshly trimmed, a blonde streak hovering over the side.

A small smirk began to form on my lips. The two of us also toyed with each other in a sarcastic manner. "Whatever," I smiled, finding myself the strength to stand on my own two feet. It was a wobbly way, but I successfully balanced myself.

"I'm not the only one dressed up, boo."

He smirked, running his hand through his recently cut mohawk. With his free hand, Prodigy popped his collar to boast.  "Aye, at least I look good."

How rude! With a gasp escaping my lips, I playfully punched his arm. 

He weeped; his palm shielding the area I've supposedly bruised. "Walter! Nicole's hitting me!"

I knew he was fooling around; the 'make-the-other-person-look-bad-to-make-yourself-look-good' trick was an action he guilty of committing multiple times as a child.

"You are such a fricken' baby!"

He grinned. "Whatever, you got some muscle. I'm not joking. You're... you're a boy!"

Before I could respond, Walter walked into the room. Shooting us a look of anger, the two of us quieted ourselves of our small, childish giggles.

"Can you both please hurry up?" he stressed, making his eyes fall at the wall clock. He over-exaggerated a sigh. "We still need to pick up Roc, Prince, and Ray, and the BET Awards are in two hours!"

He was so strained to even realize that we were ready. With a chuckle, Prodigy placed his two palms on Walter's shoulders. "Calm down, Walt. We can still make it, okay?"