Chapter 12: A Better World

Oona dreaded opening her eyes, afraid of what she might see, but when they fluttered open, all she saw was a bit of her lab, along with Otis and Olympia holding onto her.

"Otis! You're okay," exclaimed Oona, tackling him in a big hug.

"What happened," Otis wondered, still a little out of it.

"You got hit by one of those poisonous plants...," Oona informed him, since Olympia hadn't noticed with trying not to fall out of the boat.

"Oh. So glad to be back," Otis commented, situating his arms behind his back, as he gazed around the room.

"Wait! What about Opie? What happened to him," asked Olympia loudly.

Both of her friends shared uncertain looks mixed with shock, before running towards the ball pit. Just as they arrived, a head of blonde hair had managed to dig their way out.

"Don't worry, I'm here. I'm where I was originally when you started playing the game," he pointed out.

"Oh yeah...," Olympia trailed off.

"What are you doing," shouted Ms. O suddenly beside them.

"Uh... Ms. O, don't you remember...," Olympia hesitantly questioned.

"Remember what?!" Their boss didn't have a clue what Olympia was talking about.

"You know what? We'll go start working on some paperwork right away," Olympia responded.

Ms. O nodded seriously once before answering, "Good."

As soon as she was out of sight, Olympia whispered to Opie, "So, Ms. O doesn't remember anything?"

Opie sadly shook his head, informing them, "Only the ones who played the game remember."

"But Oscar remembered...," the auburn pointed out.

"And we never finished that game. He didn't even take his turn," Opie observed.

"So, he doesn't remember it now?"

Opie slowly shook his head just as Ocean almost ran into them, holding what appeared to be an orange, cat carrier.

"Sorry, creature coming through," he apologized.

"Ocean! You're alive!" Oona shot forwards to wrap her arms around him in a secure hug.

"Uh... what's going on," Ocean hesitantly asked.

"Funny you should ask." Oona laughed awkwardly, before going into the long tale of their adventure.

"I think I'm going back into the ball pit now," Opie spoke.

"Wait! You can't go back now. You just survived possibly the hardest game ever. You should become an official agent again," Olympia told him.

He thought about it for a moment before agreeing, "You're right."

Olympia grinned widely at Otis, who was also smiling a little.

"But there's something we all have to do first," Opie added.

"What about Oona? She might be awhile...," Olympia guessed, as the female scientist animatedly talked with the creature dude.

"This can't wait. Either she comes with us, or we go without her," Opie urged.

Olympia sagged her shoulders in defeat. "Fine." She then bounded up to Oona, tapping her shoulder and telling her that there was an important task to complete.

Soon the four stood alongside a lake, the game wrapped up with rope, and rocks so that it would sink. They didn't want a single person to ever play it again, and they knew burying it wasn't much use, since it would probably get dug up eventually.

"Now can we throw it into the lake," wondered Oona, because of her past suggestion while playing the horrid game.

Opie smiled slightly as he replied, "Now we can throw it into the lake."

Otis cut in with, "On the count of three."

They all spoke the numbers together, all of their hearts racing as they gazed down at the calm waters.

"Three...

"Two..."

"One..."

They then heaved the cursed game into the liquid, that reflected the blue of the clear sky.

"Well, that's a relief," Oona said, all of them nodding in agreement before laughing a little crazily.

Finally they were freed of their real-life nightmare, but they had woken up to a better world, because now they had a brand new friend and also colleague.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  <3  Thank you so much to everyone who's read this story! And as always, please remember to comment, vote, and follow. Thanks! <3  Also, the picture I used is one of the rare ones of Opie's short time on the show. (X