Chapter 2: No Ordinary Game

"Everybody take cover," ordered Otis, panic interlaced in his voice. He struggled to hit the big bees back that kept trying to take a stab at his shield. "Get back... Back!"

Olympia and Oona did all they could to help, but it was no use, the monster insects kept relentlessly attacking.

"Everybody follow me," shouted Otis, which no one argued with.

They were racing through the hall of doors, Otis opening the Storage Room, which appeared empty and small, but somehow kept everything safe. He then lured the bees into the room, by shooting the sugar and water gadget. He slammed the door shut, leaning against it as he sighed, his face already shiny with sweat.

"That was a close one," Olympia sighed.

"And you thought we would never use that gadget," commented Oona.

"Sorry, Oona, we were wrong," Otis apologized.

"No problem." She attempted to sound positive, despite the buzzing through the wall.

"We better get back to the lab," Otis stated, the two girls following his lead.

Once they were back, they all gazed down at that scary game on the counter.

"It couldn't have been real, right? Just a simple illusion," Oona reckoned.

Otis gave her a look though. "Hey, I might not believe in ghosts, but that was definitely real."

"For sure," his partner agreed.

"I shouldn't have this. I'm going to put this away now," Oona shared, trying to close up the game.

"Wait, you forgot the dice," exclaimed Olympia, but she gasped when she accidentally dropped the two cubes.

"Oh no... The game thinks you just took your turn," Otis observed, staring down at the board, that had just gotten reopened.

The little elephant piece slid eerily along the beige spaces.

Olympia looked at her two friends, taking a deep breath before reading the words unscrambling themselves.

"We have racing stripes, and never lose a race

But you may not be able to see our face."

Olympia was almost shaking as she stood up. "What does that even mean...?"

Just then a low, growling sound was heard from behind them.

"Partner," Olympia questioned.

Just then Otis had a sudden tear on the leg of his suit. Thankfully it hadn't reached his skin, but it was the result from tough claws.

"What's happening," Olympia exclaimed in disbelief/worry.

First, they were attacked by huge bees, and now something invisible with claws.

It was clear that this was no ordinary game.

A/N: I hope you're enjoying this story so far. (: Much more is going to be happening soon, such as a secret I'm not gonna reveal yet. Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you enjoyed. Thanks! <3