Chapter 4: Monkeying Around

Otis knocked twice on the door to the boy scientist's office. Oscar had been filling out some paperwork at his desk, when he heard the sound. He had no idea what story awaited him outside that barrier of wood.

"Yellow," exclaimed Oscar, tugging on his lab coat as he stood in the doorway. His warm grin was oblivious to the trio's upset expressions.

"We have a problem," Oona said, her voice raised.

"Sure, what is it? Did you drop another Day-Inator," wondered Oscar.

"Worse than that," commented Olympia.

"Do you know anything about an invisible tiger," inquired Otis, his arms situated behind his back.

"Of course! I let one loose in headquarters once! It was an accident," Oscar defended, pulling on his outfit more than ever.

"We know that. Do you know anything about the game, Jumanji," interrogated Otis.

All of a sudden the male scientist's face had fell, and there was zero expression on his face. "I don't know anything," he claimed.

Before anyone could argue, he was running away, his arms flailing up in the air. "Ahhhhhhhh...." His voice wavered the entire time that he rushed off.

"Well, that went well," spoke Otis.

"What are we supposed to do now," questioned Oona in a distressed tone.

"Wait, maybe there's something in the game that can tell us how to stop all of this," suggested Olympia.

So, the three friends ended up racing all the way back to headquarters, almost exhausted already.

They stopped in front of the game, finding words on one of the sides that opened up.

"It says here that if we finish the game, then everything will go back to normal," observed Olympia.

"Who's telling what will come out of that game next?! I say we throw it into the lake," exclaimed Oona.

"Oona! No!" Otis and Olympia shouted in unison, as the dark haired girl picked up the board game. "What?" Her voice almost squeaked.

"I haven't taken my turn yet," stated Otis.

"Otis! No!" But Oona's pleas weren't heard before he threw the dice onto the ground. She mentally sighed as she placed the item back onto the counter.

Otis looked up at the two girls seriously as he bent over the game, so that he could read the new riddle.

"When you're feeling down, there's nothing better than monkeying around..."

"Aw, that sounds nice," Oona figured, but just then all of their eyes widened when they heard crashing in the background.

"What was that," Olympia reluctantly asked.

Just then they turned to see a group of out of control, brown monkeys. Almost all of Oona's beakers were getting smashed onto the ground, and some of them contained dangerous liquids...

"Oh no," breathed Oona.

"At least we can see them," Olympia hesitantly asked to lighten the mood.

Just then though one of the animals threw a container straight towards their heads. They all ducked as it shattered against the wall near them.

Otis shook his head, before announcing for the second time that day, "Shields up!"

The others didn't think twice about following suit.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. <3 What did you think about the moment with Oscar? Please comment, vote, and follow. Thanks! <3  And would you want a bit of shipping in there, like Otis and Olympia? Please let me know. And I might put a bit of Ocean and Oona in there too, if you'd like. <3