Chapter 3: A Reason To Smile

"Hot soup coming through," exclaimed Oksana, throwing it onto the invisible beast.

Otis, Olympia, and Oona were shocked to see the outline of a tiger, but what surprised them more was the cook's help.

Before they could ask questions, they had rounded the animal up into a special, unoccupied, creature room.

"I thought food was only for eating," Otis pointed out.

"You must not have watched my video until the end then," Oksana stated.

"No, no, you said that food was only used for an invisible dragon stuck in headquarters," Olympia recalled, since she pretty much knew everything about Odd Squad.

"Yes, but you must not have seen my modified version. It came out in 2018, so it's very recent," she emphasized.

"When did the last one come out," Olympia hesitantly asked.

"2015," Oksana said.

"Wow, that's so close to 2013, which is super historical," Olympia observed, Otis looking over at her with a subtle look.

"Anyway, how did you know the tiger was even there," Otis inquired to get them back on track.

"I've had someone ask me for food for a tiger before," the cook shared.

"Really? Who?" Olympia's eyes were widened in anticipation.

"Oscar."

Oksana's simple reply left them all speechless.

"Do you know what this means," Olympia slowly asked, on the verge of squealing.

"No." Otis shook his head a little to further his point.

"There's someone else who played this game before," Olympia claimed.

"That's impossible. I think we would have known about it." Otis couldn't help but remain unconvinced.

"No, I know what she means. There was this agents' video Oscar did once. He was sharing about the invisible Odd Squad pizza..." Oona trailed off, as Olympia finished for her.

"And then he dropped it, saying, 'This reminds me of the time I lost that invisible tiger!'" The auburn agent was staring at Oona in shock, her mouth gaping open.

"But how did Oscar get ahold of this game? And how did it end up down a sewer," wondered Oona, confused.

"Better yet. How did he get rid of the tiger the first time," Olympia asked.

"I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation..." Otis was cut off though by his partner.

"Maybe he figured out a way to get the stuff back in the game!"

"Which means, he probably knows how to fix it now," Otis actually excitedly added.

"To the tube lobby," exclaimed Oona, the two friends turning to her. "Is it cool I said that last part?"

Olympia shrugged, as Otis replied, "Yeah, sure."

As they traveled through the tubes, one of the upsides was Oona finally got her rainbow pod with the lightning bolts coming out of it, and amidst a life threatening game, the trio could find a reason to smile.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter. As always, please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you did. Thank you so much! <3