Chapter 19. Last Chapter

First of all... 

I am so sorry you had to wait so long. Almost two years D:

But this is it. The end. It kind of sucks. But be thankfull that I even made one because I actually gave up on this and can't remember much of this story.

Anyway, thank you all for actually staying and reading this till the end (Even if some of you had to wait like 2 years. I loveeee youuuu! Please forgive me, even if you hate the ending D: )

PLEASE! Check out my new story 'Destined to be Mine', PLEASE! It's awesome (Well, for me because I wrote it xD. But PLEASE TRY IT OUT)

Anyway, try to enjoy the last chappie :)

__________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 19

It’s been six years since the battle. Everyone got out okay just a few deaths. Mike and his allies were destroyed completely, my mom made sure of that.

After the battle, the lycans disappeared without a word. And we haven’t heard of them since then.

I could remember the battle as if it were yesterday. I would never be able to forget it even if I wanted to.

I was running over to him and Mike when I felt it. I felt him being taken away from me and oh did it hurt. It hurt so much I just fell over exactly in the middle of the battlefield not caring if someone killed me or not. I was too much in pain, physical and mentally, to care. A part of me was being ripped out of me, leaving an emptiness feeling behind. A feeling I could never fill up.

I laid there until the battle ended and my family helped me get up. I begged them to let me see him, but they didn’t allow it. They said it was too horrible to see. But I didn’t care what they told me. I wanted to be the judge of that. I wanted to see it by my own eyes. I wanted my mate. I needed to see if he was really gone.

But at the end, they didn’t let me.

I couldn’t even see him one last time. The last memory I had of him was of his back, as he walked away from me to the battlefield. The last words he spoke were for the kids. It hurts. I wish I could take this pain away.

I’ve tried.

But every time I was sure I could do it, I ended up backing out. I couldn’t do it.

I knelt down in front of his grave and just stared at the words with a blank stare. I couldn’t save him. I couldn’t reach him. I couldn’t even tell him goodbye. He died alone, alone without his mate. I was a worthless mate.

I closed my eyes and all I could see were green eyes, so I opened them again and just sobbed. Just another ordinary day. After calming down for a while. I started talking to him about how the kids were and how annoying Lavi has become. I told him that Kandal is now the Alpha and Lavi the beta. That the twins were annoying as ever and are teaching bad things to our kids.

I started to stroke the grave softly. “I like us to be together but you really must wait. For now I can only promise that I’ll be by your grave until the day I can join you. I love you.”

“Mom.” I glanced to my side and my eyes met dark green eyes, and I almost clumped to the ground completely.

“What’s wrong, Jace?” I asked him softly, looking at him from his blonde hair down to his shoes. Searching for something to be wrong. Oh how much it hurts. To stare at a mirror and know that isn’t him.  (A/N Yes, I changed the kids name from ‘Jared’ to ‘Jace’ cause I have the power to XP )