How Do You Do, Styles?

"Holy butter balls." were the first words to leave my mouth. When I realized what I'd just said, my face started burning and I looked down at my feet. Then I noticed that the drinks were still on the floor.

   "I'm so sorry," he said in his attractive, husky English accent. I practically melted at his words. I can't believe this. I just bumped into Harry Styles. The Harry Styles from One Direction!!! And I practically made a fool out of myself.

    I looked back up at him before noticing how close our faces were. I think he noticed too because then he took a few steps backward, as did I. "No, it's my fault." I said once I regained my composure. I turned around to see the clerk blending something. "Excuse me? Um, I sort of dropped my drink on the floor." I called to him. He turned around with an eyebrow raised. "Do you have a mop?" I asked him.

    He didn't hesitate when I made my request. He didn't even question anything, but instead went to the back to retrieve a bucket full of water and soap, a rag, and a mop. I was about to take it from his hands to clean the mess, but he pulled it away.

    "Don't worry. I'll make you a new drink." he said with a friendly smile.

   "But you have to make drinks," I said, nodding towards the blender.

    He shook his head and waved his hand. "Don't worry," he repeated. "It's not even done yet."

    Harry stepped forward and took the mop from the blond's hands and said, "It's okay. I'll clean it; it was my fault anyway. I was right behind you." he said, aiming the last sentence at me with a small smile. "Go. Go make the drinks for her; I'll pay." he said firmly before shooting the guy a grin. The clerk hurried behind the counter to finish the orders, leaving me and Harry.

    After a few seconds of silence and Harry mopping the floor while I stood frozen, I made my body move forward. "You don't have to pay. It's okay, really." I said, trying to grab the mop handle.

    Harry pulled his arm back so I couldn't get the mop. He smirked. "There isn't an option to it. I said I'll pay for your drinks, and I'm paying. Besides," he said, returning to wiping the wet floor with the rag. I bent down to help him while he put the mop into the bucket and leaned on it. "It's my fault."

    Suddenly I felt guilty. That he had to pay for Zoe's and my drink, and that I left him cleaning up the mess that I made while I stood to the side like a dummy. And that he wasted his time on me because of one stupid little mistake. But I knew he wasn't going to change his mind. So, defeated, I nodded with a smile.

    "Thank you. So much, but really, it's not your fault." I continued.

    "Rubbish." he stated while putting the tools to the side of the wall near the back. The clerk came by and handed us three drinks: Zoe's, mine, and Harry's. I slipped the cardboard jacket around Zoe's and my cup before tucking two straws between my fingers. I held the drinks tightly in both of my hands and smiled at Harry who was looking down at me.

    "Thanks." I said.

    Harry grinned cheekily. The corners of his eyes crinkled a bit and he stuck out his hand. I looked at him, confusion written all over my face. "I thought I'd get to meet you more properly, instead of in the elevator when I looked like a scary kidnapper or when I was looking at you on the balconies." he said. "I'm Harry Styles. You probably know that." he added smugly with a hint of laughter in his eyes.

    I blushed at the memory of when I was sitting outside on the balcony, and I turned to see Harry looking at me. Now that I think about it, that was why he looked so familiar. It was the curls, but I couldn't really see. I held the two drinks up in my face, silently telling him that I couldn't shake his hand. Sadly, I really wanted to. Believe it or not, Harry is my favorite person from One Direction. I had a slight crush on him. Not to the point where I'm stalking his every move and finding out about his blood type or what not. I just favored him more than the rest of the band.