Catch Me ~ A One Direction/Harry Styles Fan Fiction

"Oh my gosh, it's really happening, isn't it?" I asked frantically. I grabbed a hold of my best friend's shoulder and shook it roughly. "Isn't it?!" I exclaimed.

   She chuckled and slid my hands off her shoulder. "Yes, Tiff, it's happening." my best friend since middle school, Zoe Dang, said. She wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled us towards our gate.

   "All passengers boarding Flight 254 for London, England may start getting ready to board aircraft in five minutes. Thank you." some voice said through the intercom. I was shaking with excitement.

   I've dreamed of this day ever since I was young--twelve, thirteen to be exact. I was overly fascinated by British culture and all that jazz. I literally read tons of books about England's history and stuff. I loved England so much, I started planning my future five years ago. Today, I'm 17 years old Tiffany Nguyen--an American-born girl whose heritage consists of Asians and French people--going to be 18 in a month and three days. My best friend, whom I love to pieces, decided to tag along with me on our journey to England, where I'll be living from now on. I've already said my goodbyes to my family and friends, and my adorable family pooch, Coco. But my life is all about adventures, and here I am, ready to board a flight towards the motherland. As long as I've got my trusty sidekick by my side--Zoe, that's you.--then I'm ready to kick the ass that is Great Britain. I'm kind of amazed at it's several names, too. Ya know, United Kingdom, Great Britain, England, what else? Anyways...

   "Come on, Tiff!" Zoe called me. She yanked my naturally light brown ombre hair and pulled me with her. I yelped at the pain, but let her drag me towards the front of the gate where the lady took our tickets.

   She smiled at us before handing our tickets and passports back. "Have a safe trip, girls." she said before we ran down the tunnel-like-entrance towards the plane.

   "Thank you!" Zoe screamed, still dragging me by my hair.

   Although I was much more excited than her, I stopped in my tracks and slapped Zoe's hand from my hair. I turned around and said, "Thank you nice person lady!" before taking after Zoe who continued to leave without me. I thought I heard a laugh back there. I met Zoe at the door of the airplane, and my stomach kept flipping. This is it. I'm going to step into this plane and fly to London, where I'll be living for the next few years of my crazy life. Zoe turned and smiled, taking my hand. We stepped towards the door and smiled at the pilot who saluted us, holding his hat at his chest, grinning. My eyes flew straight at the pin on his lapel. It was shiny, and was of the UK flag. I pointed at it. "I like your flag, Captain."

   Zoe giggled, and he chuckled at my childish behavior. I was known for blurting a lot of things out at random times. "Thank you, miss. Have a safe trip aboard the plane." he said, gesturing towards the seats.

   Zoe and I squealed and ran towards our seats. They were fortunately first class tickets, and we sat near the front, three rows back. Zoe sat on the right, and I on the left. Once we settled in, Zoe took a comb out of her pink and black polka-dotted carry on and brushed her thick, black hair. I raised an eyebrow at her, but didn't comment. I leaned into my seat and took off my striped, cropped sweater revealing my loose, gray tank top and the tips of my black lace bra. I folded it onto my lap and stuffed it into my floral knapsack. I rubbed my hands across my skinny jean-clad thighs and flopped my worn out Converses off, pushing them to the side. I felt myself getting deeper into the seat, relaxing. First class definitely had its perks.

   I turned my head to the side to see Zoe doing the exact same. She was relaxing in her seat and crossing her long legs out in front of her. She was in the middle of tucking her Chanel 5 shirt inside her blue skinny jeans. Her pink, oxford ballet flats were tucked under her chair, and her jacket was tossed on top of her carry on. I turned back towards my window, twisting the brown leather bracelet I made with Zoe before we started moving. I felt a whoosh of air fly in, then the door of the aircraft was shut completely.