Starbucks Invader

"Hey, Zoe, I'm going to Starbucks! Want to come?" I asked her from the kitchen. It's been a day and a half now since Zoe and I have arrived in London. We've made an appointment to meet with a realtor tomorrow to go house/designer apartment hunting. I haven't seen the curly guy again, but I have seen the blond boy. It was only once, though. I was going outside to set the dishes from our room service order next to the door, and blond boy was probably doing the same thing, except his were piled about five stories high. I have no idea, and I don't want to know. We didn't make eye contact either, but I glanced at him. He didn't have a hood or any sunglasses on anymore, and he looked pretty cute. But I still wasn't wearing my contacts, so he looked like a blurry blob to me. I should let Zoe know. She loves blonds.

   I heard the clickity-clack of heels scampering down the hallway before she skipped into the kitchen. She was wearing her favorite pair of ballet flats with the small heels on them. I went shopping with her when she got those. They were sparkly, with the faintest hint of pink, with the gold heel. Zoe came around the island to go to the fridge, but stopped halfway and looked at me.

    "What?" I asked. I immediately put my hands to my face to search anything on it. "Is there something on me? Where?"

    Zoe laughed and pointed at me. "We match!" she said. She pulled the hem of her Aztec print dress to put it next to my own Aztec print dress. "Aztec print!"

    Very much true. Zoe was wearing a dress with an Aztec print skirt and a black top with a cream blazer and her Charlotte Russe hot pink, quilted leather cross body. I looked at her wrists, and she had a black cuff on one and multiple mix and match bracelets on the other. I noticed that she was wearing the "Love" necklace with the little heart I bought for her on her birthday. She paired the look with her blue Ray Bans and curled her hair. I, on the other hand, wore a full Aztec print dress that ended two inches above my knee. I added my favorite light wash denim crop jacket and my favorite orange Michael Kors tote. I wore two rings on one hand, and on the other hand, I wore my orange braided bracelet and leather wrap bracelet. Last night, I had painted my nails a bright turquoise color from Butter London. For the finishing touches of my look, I braided my hair into a fishtail braid.

    I laughed with Zoe and pulled my iPhone from my Kors tote. "We have to take a picture." I said. Zoe happily obliged. "Wait, I have to put on my shoes. I want a full body picture." I ran into my room and pulled out my beige oxford wedges and slipped them on. When I came back into the kitchen, Zoe was trying to position the phone so it could take the picture. I helped her with it, but a few minutes later, we still couldn't get the whole thing on. But then the imaginary light bulb lit in my head. I ran back into my room and searched through the drawers. I pulled out my Polaroid camera and walked back into the kitchen. Zoe was sitting on the counter, playing with her curls.

    I tucked my phone into my bag and set the camera a length away from us. I set it on timer and stood far away, just to make sure it got the whole picture. "Come on, Zo!" I said. She hopped off and stood next to me. We both wrapped our arms around each other's waists and smiled. The flash went off and I picked the camera up. The photo immediately slid out. I took it and flipped it over to look at the picture.

   It was amazing. I had one knee bent a little and Zoe was leaning on me while both of us were hugging each other. The camera managed to get the full body. I smiled even wider.

    "It's perfect! I'm saving this." I said while Zoe clapped her hands while looking at the picture.

    "Go get a marker. We have to write on this." Zoe said. I went to my bag and found a silver Sharpie. I flipped the picture over and gave Zoe the Sharpie. I watched her write on the back of the photo. "Day...One...Aztec..." Zoe murmured while writing in her pretty print.

    When she finished, she capped the permanent marker and handed it to me. She picked the photo up and read it out loud. "Day One. Aztec Twins! Love from London." she recited. There was a small heart next to London as the period. "Perfect." Zoe confirmed. We decided to keep it in my jewelry box keep it safe until we bought a bulletin board to pin it up. I'm sure that there will be more memories.

    "So," I started as I walked out of the hotel room with Zoe. She tucked the hotel key card in her bag and looked at me. We shared a smirk. "Starbucks?"

    "Celebratory drinks for us!!!" she yelled. We both didn't care. We giggled and linked arms before skipping down the hallway. On our way to Starbucks we go. London, here comes the Cali girls!

    "Venti Iced Skinny Mocha, please." I said to the clerk. He was really cute, but in the child like way. He had light brown hair with round, blue eyes and a small button nose. Plus, he was shorter than me. Probably a kid still in high school or something, I thought. The clerk smiled at me and punched in my order. I stepped to the side while Zoe ordered her drink and paid for both of ours. It was a thing we usually do. If someone pays for something, the other person pays the next time we get something. We shared everything anyway, like clothes and shoes, and we usually ate the same thing because we wouldn't finish something else on our own.

    "Hey, Tiff, I'm going to go to the restroom." Zoe said, handing me the receipt. I nodded as she went in the other direction for the restrooms. I stood near the counter while I waited for our drinks to be made. There was the sound of a bell ringing, which meant that another customer had walked in. I didn't pay attention, but I still heard noises outside of the cafe. At first, there was nothing, but then it gradually got a little louder, but then faded. That was weird. I looked up towards the order counter and there he was.

    The curly haired creep who smiled at me a day and a half ago. Luckily, I had my contacts on today so I could see better. He wasn't wearing a hoodie this time. Instead, he opted for dark jeans, a white v-neck, white Converse, a gray beanie and his sunglasses, which were black Ray Bans. I only saw his back, and a little bit of his profile to notice his sunglasses, but that was it. The clerk nodded at him and went to make his drink. Right before the curly guy turned around, the clerk called for me...Well, Zoe, but it was our drinks. I grew a bit upset that I didn't get to see the creep, but whatever. Starbucks comes first.

    "Venti Iced Skinny Mocha and Coconut Creme Frappuccino for...Zoe?" he said, looking at me with a puzzled expression. He remembered me then and gave me our drinks with a smile. "Careful, hold the bottom so the lid doesn't pop off." he said with his cute, British accent.

    "I'm Tiffany. Zoe's my friend," I informed him. He nodded and I happily took the drinks out of his hands before mustering a quick thank you. He left to make other drinks.

   I quickly turned around to wait by the door for Zoe, but little did I know that there was a person right behind me, and I dropped both of our drinks. There was a loud smack as the cups made contact with the floor, and then the drinks oozed out. Zoe was lucky hers was a frappuccino, because only some came out, but me being the idot I am had to order a more liquidy drink, and now there was nothing in my dead cup. At first I was panicking, but then that switched to disappointment, which led to anger. I was about to make a very good speech how the person shouldn't stand right behind someone and make them spill their drinks, but when I looked up, everything faded away. Every feeling of anger, disappointment, and the feeling of doing anything at all.

   Because I realized that it was the curly hair guy from the hotel. Because he was the guy who smiled at me and stood right behind me when I turned around. Because I realized I was just about to burst out in front of the one and only Harry Styles from One Direction.