Chapter 6: hand jive

It was lunch time at the school and everyone was getting ready for the dance because it's gonna be on tv! But I don't know if I should go because I want to woman up and ask Danny to the dance. It was just me, Sonny, Doody and Putzie hanging out at the bleachers. "Are y'all gonna ask anyone to the dance?" I ask them while laying on Putzie lap.

"I'm gonna ask Frenchy! She's my babe!" Doody said "didn't she drop out of high school?" "Yeah to go to beauty school but her hair turn pink" i gasp when he told me that

"I want to ask Marty but she only want older men like all the guys who are in the military." Sonny said sadly "I heard she wants to dance with Vince Fontaine." I said and Sonny just starts laying on the bleacher

"How about you Putzie?" I said while poking his nose. I don't have a thing for Putzie he's like a brother to me he's just so adorable! "Well I was thinking of asking Jan! I have a huge crush on her! She's cute and funny!" I smiled "awwww Putzie likes Jan!" He blushed

We all started laughing till we saw Kenickie coming up. "Hey Kenick did you ask Rizzo to the dance?" He shook his head "nah we got into a big fight so I'm gonna ask someone else?" I tilt my head "who? Tell me!!" He shrug his shoulders. "Hey Cass wanna go with me?" I laughed a bit "you know Rizzo is gonna kill me if I go to the dance with you!"

Danny comes by and looks super excited. "Hey guys I ask Sandy out to the dance!" All the guys went to congratulate Danny and I just felt a pit in my stomach.... I ran away I heard Danny and Kenick calling my name but I didn't look back. I can't believe he ask her! I was gonna ask him! I went to cry behind the school and took a cigarette out just to calm myself down.

"Cass! Where are you!" I heard Kenickie I kept quiet and trying not to sob. I was hugging my knees so he can't really see me. "Cass you know I can see you...." Kenickie said while looking down on me. I look up and he notice my eyes are red and puffy.

"What's wrong Cass you ran off all suddenly are you ok?" I nodded then I shook my head. "No I'm not ok! I have a crush on stupid Zuko I was gonna ask him to the dance but he going with Sandy!" I threw a pebble across from me and Kenickie

Kenickie gave me a tight Hug and not saying anything. I started to sob in his hug. "Hey tell you what how about you go to the dance with me. I was gonna ask a girl from a different school but you're my friend and I rather take you to the dance." Kenickie said smiling

I looked at him when he had a goofy grin on his face. Tears went down to my face and I couldn't help but smile! "Of course I'll go with you? But what about rizzo? Wouldn't she get mad at me if she saw me with you?"

"Its whatever she dumped me! Ok now you need to go look for a cute dress for the dance!" We both smile and he help me get back up.

The dance

I got my dress ready and doing my makeup till I heard the doorbell rang

"Cass your date is here!" My mom yelled as I went downstairs I heard my dad talking to Kenickie, great he's giving him a lecture!

"She needs to be home by 10:30 no later than that!" My dad said to Kenickie and he looks so terrified. "Dad Kenickie is my friend he just taking me to the dance that's all!" I smile to my dad and my mom wanted to take pictures of course.

"Cassy you look beautiful! Like wow!" I blush and smile "thank you now let's head out!" We went to his car. As we were driving we stop at someone house and Kenickie honk his horn. "Um Kenickie what are we doing here?" Im just getting a friend ok relax."

I got worried till I see a beautiful woman coming towards us....

"Kenickie who is this?"

"This is my good friend cha cha I'm taking her to the dance...." I froze and just jump out of the car

"Cass what the hell are you doing?!"

"I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I WAS YOUR DATE NOT A HUSSY! I THOUGHT WE ARE GOING TOGETHER ITS EITHER ME OR THIS BITCH!"

"I'm only bringing her to make rizzo jealous because I heard she got a date!"

I was in shock and got really mad so I started to storm off back home, fuck this dance fuck Kenickie and fuck Danny! Tears running down my face.

As I was walking back home I saw moody, putzie and doody with frenchy and Jan

"Cass where you going the dance is this way?!" Putzie said

They all saw my tearful face and gasp. They all jump out of the car.

"Cass what's wrong??" Putzie said

"Did someone hurt you??" Sunny said

"Who do I need to hurt??" Doody said

"First off before the dance I wanted to ask Danny because I have a crush on him, but he ask sandy! Then Kenickie ask me to the dance and I said yes but he decided to bring some chick name cha cha just to make rizzo jealous.... so I'm just gonna go home!" I was about to walk off but...

"Oh no you don't!" Sunny picked me up and put me in the car.

"Look we don't want our fellow T-bird go back home! You will be my date. Marty doesn't want me she wants to flirt with Vince!" Sonny said

Frenchy and Jan didn't say anything and realized how much the guys love me and they gave me a big hug then we head to the dance!

Author note: sorry for the late update just started a job so been busy!