Chapter 9

Check out my newest book, "Just Ordinary"

**

Chapter 9~

"That's not how you do it!" I screamed out in frustration as I threw my hands in the air. "Put more emotion into it!" Tyler scratched his head, and shyly looked downwards, like a child with guilt. He let out a sigh.

"I've expected you to be more... You know... Kinder? I never though that you would be so... Tough in person..." He thought for a moment before coming up with tough. He surely was debating on which word to use to be least offensive.

I rolled my eyes. "Just do it right, okay?"

"Alright let's start again," said Max Crystal. "Get back into your positions."

I walked over to the trees, and hid behind a tall, half dead Evergreen.

"Good, action!" And the filming begins again...

I pant hard, my legs tremble slightly, making me lose strength. I can't go on... Fear surged through me like a tidal wave, drowning me. I quivered, biting down on my bottom lip, as I nervously glanced around. Good. There's no sign of my assassin anywhere. I let out a long breath of relief, as I feel my legs give out on me and my knees collapsed, connecting with the rocky soil. My dress must've been dirtied, but I payed no mind. It has been years since I've stopped caring about cleanliness and appearances. It was enough to just stay alive.

A sudden rumble of the leaves in a nearby bush startled me, making me jump slightly, alert. Is he here? Already, I could feel the panic sink in. A mini adrenaline pumped through my veins, as I dashed out of the tree I was hiding behind, and sprinted at my top speed, passing through tree after tree. I could feel its ragged branches and sharp pine needles scrape against my skin as I hurried past them. My bare feet hurt greatly with each and every step, as they continuously hit against the jagged rocks and scattered pine needles.

Covered in bloody scrapes, I continued to run, refusing to give in. I slowly came to a stop behind a few bushes, and kneeled down, resting for a short while, keeping watch the entire time just in case. Footsteps neared, causing me to quickly get into running position. He's here already? I was about to start off, when a voice cut in behind me.

"Hello?" I snapped my head around, seeing a boy about my age in tattered clothes and old shoes. His face was slightly covered in dirt, and his hair was a mess. Even so, he appeared to be in a much better condition than I was. He took a step closer, and examined me deeply with his enchanting blue eyes. "Wow, there aren't many girls around here. How rare is it to see one..." He let out a gasp of amazement, as he continued to stare at me as if I were some mythical creature.

I was too shocked to say anything, so I stared back at him. Who is this boy? Is it safe to trust him?

It has been years since I last came into contact with a breathing human around my age. It made my whole body tense just at the sight of him.

"Who are you," I softly whispered.

"Oh right- I... I live near here." He nervously pointed in a direction. "My house is right behind there." He shot me a shy smile. Then, his awe became replaced with panic, as he looked me up and down. "What happened?" He honestly just noticed...

"No, it's nothing," I let out a nervous laugh, patting my dress, hoping to make it look even a little bit cleaner. "I fell down." Which is an utter and complete lie, but I didn't care. I can't afford to tell him everything. I can't possibly tell him that my dad owed a debt to a gang leader, and that we lost our house, belongings, everything... I can't possibly tell him that because of the debt, my dad had agreed to use me as payment... And I can't possibly tell him that I had escaped from their hideout, and now they are after my life... No, I can't tell him any of that. I can't possibly.