Chapter 27

Chapter 27~

We pulled away from eachother, both drenched in rain and breathing heavily.

So sexy.

I'm kidding.

There is nothing sexy about two sweaty teenagers wet from rain, shoving their slimy tongues down one another's throats, while panting heavily like horny dogs humping your couch. It's a true miracle no one choked on their own spit.

We were so deeply focused in our make out session that we did not notice the rain had stopped.

"Well... I should go now," I said, slightly embarrassed in myself and my immature behavior. I wanted to mentally slap myself.

You have a boyfriend I told myself.

You just CHEATED on poor old innocent Jeremy, who has been nothing but kind to your petty ass.

I suppressed the urge to bang my head against the tree.

"Jessica," said Tyler. His cheeks were pink. Oh god, this kid.

"Please don't read into it too much Tyler. It was just a kiss, no big deal. If you think it was anything more then you're dead wr-"

"Jessica," he cut me off. "I know you love Jeremy, and I'd hate to ruin your relationship.... But I truly love you, and if you'd give me a chance... If only you would give me a chance to be your man, I would put in my best effort to make you the happiest girl in the world." I wanted to make a sarcastic remark, but his eyes were so hopeful and genuine, that I just couldn't.

"That's.... Very sweet of you," I said. This is awkward. "But you're right, and I love Jeremy. I can't be with you. That kiss meant nothing to me, so don't get your hopes up and think that we could ever be together because Jeremy is the only one for me."

His face fell. "Jessi-" I turned to leave. "Wait." I stopped, with my back to him. "That kiss meant nothing to you?"

"Nothing" I replied.

"Can you look me in the eye then, and tell me... That you didn't enjoy it one bit." His voice faltered. It was shaky, almost as though he were on the verge of tears.

I turned to face him, and with an expressionless face I repeated those words. "I didn't enjoy it at all. It meant nothing to me."

Which was a lie.

I enjoyed it.

A little too much.

He nodded, biting his bottom lip in defeat. Tyler looked down at his shoes, as if contemplating something. "Alright, I'll let you go. I hope he treats you well." I nodded and left.

On the way to my car, the guilt started to eat away at me. I desperately needed to talk to Jeremy. I just wanted to feel his presence, hear his voice. I picked up my phone and called him. It rung a few times but went straight to voice message. I hung up, and texted him. I received  a message within seconds.

I opened it, but it was not Jeremy.

You have (1) new message:

Someone has been naughty. Better keep it a secret from your Prince Charming ;)

I was not in the mood for this.