Chapter 17

Chapter 17~

Our lips met, and I recognized the familiar touch of warm flesh.

"Cut!" My eyes shot open, and I grinned. "That was fantastic! That was all we've been waiting for!" Screamed Max Crystal, beaming brightly. He then turned to his son. "See? It wasn't all that bad, huh?"

Tyler nervously smiled. He then glanced at me with a strange expression much like a little 6 year girl eyeing her crush. "It... Wasn't so bad..."

I ignored his look, and ripped off my wig. Man, was it hot in here. I'm sweating like a pig. "Why isn't the A/C on?" I asked bitterly, but at least half attempted in trying to mask my annoyance.

"It broke this morning!" Someone shouted back to me.

Just great. "Well, since we're finished for this morning, I'm going to get changed," I announced, before hopping off the stage in a hurry.

"Wait."

I turned around to look at Tyler. His face was pink... Like a pig's.

"Yes?" I asked in a sickly sweet voice, combined with my Barbie smile.

"I-I have something to tell you!" He blurted out in a rush, before adverting his eyes from mine. I sighed. "C-can y-you... Come to the backstage with me?"

I gave him a look. "Then what? You gonna rape me or something?" I asked sarcastically, but I was actually half serious about it. I didn't trust this desperate and horny teenager.

"N-no! Of course not!" He rose to his defense immediately in panic.

"Just say it here, damn it," I muttered.

"Please?" He shot me a puppy face, which I'll admit was just a little bit cute...

Just a teeny-

Gosh those eyes and that pout....

"Fine!" I let out in frustration, as I stomped in the direction of the back stage. I finally gave in.

Gosh Jessica, shame on you!

He immediately trailed behind me like an obedient puppy chasing its owner.

"So?" I asked, shrugging my stiff and sore shoulders. "We're here... Now what?"

"I have something to show you," he said.

"What, your baby dick?"

"No. No. No!" He shook his head furiously. "Can't you be serious for once? I'm serious about this!"

"Serious about getting laid," I retorted.

"Jessica!" I heard him raise his voice for the first time. It shut me up in an instant. He must've caught my expression, because he loosened up his tensed muscles, and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for screaming at you, but please... Just wait here okay?"

Having nothing to say back, I just nodded, and waited. His figure soon emerged a moment later, and he brought back a wrapped up box with a cute bow on top. I took one look at it, then my eyes went to him. "What is that?"

He stepped closer to me, before stretching out his hand to give me the package. "Take it, it's for you." I took it, and watched him from the corner of my eye, as he fidgeted around hesitantly, glancing at me every two seconds to catch a glimpse of the box and my reaction. It's as if he thought I didn't know.

I cracked a smile, hiding my inner laugh. This kid was too childish for his own good. Yet, he was always trying to play "badboy" at school. Who's he fooling? What a kid...

Yet I found him somewhat cute.

I tugged at the wrapper, and aggressively shredded the paper to pieces like a mad cat. Once it was off, it revealed a box.

A very dull and plain looking box...

So I opened the box, and there was another box, slightly smaller. I shot him a look.

"No!" He stuttered, face flushed. "I swear this isn't a joke. It came like that!"

"Sure," I mumbled, not fully buying it. I opened that box, and there was another freaking box! "Tyler!" I hissed.

"Wait, that's the last layer, I swear!"

I opened the last box, and my eyes widened. I looked to Tyler, who was grinning with satisfaction.

I looked at my present, then back at him. "It's... A box."

"Yeah, do you like it?" He asked happily. "See? There's even sparkles and butterflies on there."

Sparkles? What am I, a prostitute? A unicorn?

I rolled my eyes. "Great box..." I muttered, annoyed that he wasted my time.

"But you gotta open it." Tyler tossed me the key, which I managed to catch, but not before having a long, life and death struggle with it.

So I put the key in the hole, and turned it. The box popped open, and inside was a cute crystal heart. I looked to Tyler for an explanation.

"You have the key to my heart. Get it? And it's made out of Crystal, cuz I'm 'Crystal.' Haha, get it? Crystal? Crystal heart? You got the key to my heart?" And boy, did he have the absolute corniest facial expression right now.

"That's the lamest pun I've ever heard," I said to him straight faced, as I shut the prostitute box. I watched his smirk fall in an instant.

"You don-" he started to say.

"But," I cut in. "I'll keep the box." I smiled, as I watched him relax.

"I've been wanting to apologize to you for insulting your cousin, Caroline..." He began. "But I couldn't find the time to."

Liar. You searched everywhere for me that day like a desperate fanboy. Don't try to look cool now.

"So I went to look for a present for you, and I found this. I hope you like it." He flashed a big innocent smile.

"Is that it?" I asked. "This is just for an apology?" I raised a brow in question.

"Well... That's half the reason..." He started to say, but inhaled deeply before he continued. It takes an idiot to not see how flustered he was. "Will you go ou-"

"Tyler! Jessica!" Max called loudly. "Come here immediately!"

"Coming!" I hollered back, before returning my attention to Tyler. "So what was it you wanted to say?"

He smiled. "It can wait. I'll tell you when work is finished."

I nodded. "If you say so..."

We then walked away from the backstage, and headed to the entrance, where all the workers had already gathered.

"Here they are!" Cried Max Crystal. He then turned to gesture us to hurry up. "Come and meet our new actor! What's taking you so long?"

"We're here, gosh!" I said with a false joking tone and a smile so bright it could blind Santa.

"Here, here, I've been dying to introduce him!" Exclaimed the director enthusiastically, as his hand motioned to a tall man.

Our eyes made contact, and he smirked. My eyes widened, but I said nothing to this all too familiar tanned and handsome face.

The well built man softly parted his lips, which were surrounded by light stubble.

"Hey, I'm Jeremy Kingsford. I look forward to be working with you all from now on." He then flashed his killer smile, showing off his proud, celebrity teeth.

And I could've sworn my heart just missed a beat.

**

How was it? :D