Epilogue

Epilogue

The girl ran down the alley, the heels of her stylish ankle boots click-clacking with every step, betraying her position. She cursed women's fashion. Why was she wearing heels at all? She could have been so much faster in any sort of sensible shoe!

She was almost to the end of the alley, with no sound of pursuit. She stopped running for just a moment, to catch her breath and check behind her. And there he was; entering the end of the alley, looking straight at her.

As soon as it spotted her, The Monster burst into a run down the laneway toward the girl. It never tired; it never gave up! It would always find her. She turned, and ran as fast as she could.

The alley led into an open-air piazza, with multiple exits. She was momentarily confused, having turned around many times and no longer knowing which direction to run. The area was filled with people, but she knew this would mean nothing to The Monster. He would pursue her to the end of the Earth. But then, looking across the open space she found her salvation; the train station. With a renewed burst of energy she made a dash for the entrance.

From the doors to the train station she chanced another look behind. There he was again, The Monster, already halfway across the piazza, slowed by the crowds but not so much that she might lose him. The girl dashed through the doors.

The station was crowded with people, much more so than the piazza outside. The girl ran through the crowd anyway. People were surprised and curious to see the pretty young blond woman coming toward them, running at high speed with a look of fear on her face. Their curiosity was fully satisfied, however, when they saw she was followed by a seven-foot nightmare creature!

Some attempted to block the creature, however all wisely reconsidered at the last moment and stepped out of its way, as soon as its massive size became obvious. The Monster was quickly gaining on her.

"Train on Platform 3 is ready to depart," the station speakers announced.

This was her last chance. The girl ran down the platform, her eyes on the train doors.

"Doors are closing. Please stand away from the doors," she heard them announce within the train. With all the speed her fashionable boots would allow she covered the final distance and leapt through the doors, just as they began to close.

The girl turned, breathless, to see the doors come to a complete close – almost. Two monstrous hands grabbed the two sliding doors. The Monster strained against the closing mechanism, bringing it to a halt, and forcing the doors into the open position. It then stepped up into the car, staring down at the girl. She turned, and began to run down the aisle...

"Gisa, do not run ahead! Wait for me Gisa." The Monster scolded her. Seeing her stop and stand still he said more kindly, "Good girl, please find us two seats together."

The Monster and Fräulein Stein found their seats. When they were settled The Monster asked her, "Gisa, why would you run like that?"

"I was afraid, Grandpa," she told him. "Afraid we would miss our train."

 The pair settled into their seats; they had a long journey ahead of them.

A/N: The End! But if you really want to see what happens next, check out the video included with this chapter! (I made this!) Or go onto Youtube and search for Frauleinstein; You should only come up with one recommendation "^_^"