'Excuse me Sir, are you in need of assistance?'

"Excuse me Sir, are you in need of assistance? There's an awful storm brewing out here and I'd hate to leave a fellow Englishman out here alone in this sort of weather." I called to the figure as trekked my way through the snow in order to reach it. 

It stood stationary. It's head faced down towards the snow, blanking my offer of warmth. 

"What are you trying to do there Sir? Bore a hole into the snow with your glare?" I chuckled to myself "Come inside, I'll put some tea onto brew and you can rest yourself while I work, you must be terribly weary, it's a long walk from civilization to reach here" 

The figure still refused to move. It's head started to twitch though, almost as if it was a reaction to the mockery I had made of it.  

"I apologize if I offended you with that remark Sir but you are being rather rude! I am offering you salvation from this frosty wasteland and you are just standing there ignoring my generosity!" 

The twitching became more violent and started to spread out. It took over his body almost as if some sort of dark force was consuming it, possessing it even. 

"Alright, freeze to death on your own out here. You foolish bastard." 

The twitching came to an abrupt stop. Just as I started to turn away in order to head back, it let out a blood-curdling shriek that pierced my ears and ripped through my whole body; the pitch of the shriek was similar to that of a small child and the volume was astounding. A scream of that volume deriving from such a frail and weak looking figure baffled me. The ringing in my ears became more and more unbearable until I couldn't stand the pain and discomfort a moment longer. 

"STOP, I DEMAND YOU TO CEASE TO CREATE THAT GHASTLY NOISE THIS INSTANT!" 

The screams stopped and the ever-so-familiar sound of the howling wind returned to the dominant sound, I shot a glance up. The figure was gone and in it's place was a strange abnormality in the air. It was almost as if the figure had imprinted itself on that spot and the air was incapable of returning back to it's normal pattern; creating a distorted and transparent figure that stood still, watching the ground. I felt a chill run down my spine and my heart was hammering inside my chest, 'Don't be so stupid, that never happened, it was just a really...really vivid hallucination,' I pivoted on the spot to walk back but I froze as soon as I saw the cabin.