Chapter 7

The next morning when Ross wakes up, I'm already frying a fish. "Hey," I say.

Ross grunts and rolls off the hammock into the soft dirt. He brushes himself off and shakes his hair. "What's the schedule for the day?"

"We're breaking camp and heading over to a waterfall," I say.

"A WATERFALL! FINALLY SOMETHING FUN!" Ross says, pumping his fist.

"Actually, we're going in the cave BEHIND the waterfall," I explain.

Ross opens his mouth to complain but I stuff a piece of fish flesh in there. "Eat."

As Ross is chewing, I unhook the hammock and stuff it in my backpack along with the blanket. I stomp out the fire and throw Ross his backpack.

"OW! Why do I get the heavy backpack?" Ross asks.

"Oh ok, here take my backpack," I say handing him the backpack.

Ross nods and the weight of the backpack take him to the ground. "I like the old one."

"Um yeah," I say, nodding sarcastically.

After about three hours of walking, we reach the waterfall. Ross throws his backpack to the ground. "WHOO SWIMMING!"

"You can't swim," I say.

"Why not?" Ross asks.

"Because, then your shorts will turn yellow and I don't have time to make another one."

Ross raises his eyebrows and smile a cocky smile. "Oh no," I say.

"Oh yes," Ross says. I quickly cover my eyes and turn around. After I hear a splash, I turn back around. Yep, Ross's shorts were lying on the ground.

"COME IN! THE WATER IS PERFECT!" Ross yells to me.

"NO!" I yell back. I am not taking off my leaves.

Ross turns around and cover his eyes. "If you don't come in in twenty seconds I'll have to push you in. One, two, three..."

I panic and shimmy out of clothes. Then I run and jump into the water. The water wasn't clear enough for you to see under the water, thank God.

Ross uncover his eyes and turn around. "See that wasn't so hard!"

I scowl and swim underwater, coming up with a mouthful of water. I spit the water onto Ross's face. "There, I feel much better."

Ross wipes the water off his face an glares at me. "Oh you're gonna get it." Suddenly he disappears beneath the water.

I cover my self, afraid he can see. After ten seconds, nothing happens. I swim around. "Ross?"

"AHH!" Ross suddenly grabs my legs, turning me over. I fall headfirst into the water. After a few more minutes of splashing each other, we head over to the waterfall.

I take advantage of the falling water and wash my hair. When I finish rinsing through my hair, Ross is staring at me.

I look around self-consciously. "What are you doing...?"

Suddenly, Ross's arm snakes around my bare waist and he pulls me close until we are centimeters apart. A silence settles between us, and the only sound is the sound of pouring water.

"Kate..."

"Yeah Ross?" I say in a small voice, staring straight into his hazel eyes.

Ross kisses me, softly but urgently on the lips. Pulling away quickly, Ross blushes and scratches his hair.

"I've, um, been wanting to do that, ever since, you patched me up. It felt like-"

I cut him off by running a finger down his lips. Then I pull him close and give him a hard kiss.

Best day of my life.