Chapter 13

"No way."

Ross was sitting on a branch, his feet dangling from it. "Hey Kate."

It wasn't Ross I was gasping at. It was the object beside him. "Ross, you built...A TREE HOUSE?"

The tree house sits in between four branches. A ladder was hanging down from the middle and the roof had no holes. I was big and had two separate rooms.

"You built this? By yourself?" I ask. Ross nods in response. "But it's been like what, 5 hours since you left?"

Ross is eating blue berries one by one. "What can I say? I work better when there's NO ONE TO BOSS ME AROUND."

I stagger back and clutch my heart, pretending to be hurt. "Ouch."

Ross jumps down from branch to branch until he lands on the ground. "I was just kidding. I'm sorry."

I hold put my hand. "Truce?"

Ross smiles and shakes it. "Truce."

I jump onto the ladder and start climbing on. Ross tugs my grass skirt. "I never said you can stay here."

i roll my eyes. "Ha ha very funny."

Ross closes his lips into a thin line. "I'm serious."

After a while Ross bursts out laughing. "Ok ok I was kidding. But still, come down."

"No way," I say climbing up. Ross garbs me by the waist and carries me down. I accidentally kick him in the neck and we both fall down onto the ground, dying in a heap of laughter.

---

Hey guys! Just a little author's note here. I will be on vacation the 11th to the 17th, so I won't be able to update during that time. Sorry!