Chapter 17

The nose of a long commercial plane is sticking up out of the water, bubbles rising from the surrounding water. "Oh dear. Another plane crashed? That's awful..."

Just then a red head girl rose up from beneath the lake, sputtering water out of her mouth. She is wearing a nicely ironed dress and a hat. Obviously she is a flight attendant. The ginger swims to the shore, then stands up and shakes her head like a dog.

Ross is standing there with his mouth open. "That girl is cute!" I slap his head, feeling offended.

Ross walks over to the girl. "So, you come here often?"

The redhead rolls her eyes. "It's the middle of a wild jungle. Do you come here often?"

Before Ross can answer, a wail is heard from inside the plane. I gasp and dive into the water. Reaching the plane, I wince at the sight of bleeding bodies. Reaching the back of the plane, I see what was causing the noise. It's a baby!

Quickly hugging the baby to my chest, I dive back into the water, the baby raised high above my head to keep it out of the water. Once I reach the shore, I unwrap the baby's blankets and gasp.

The baby was a little blonde girl, her blue innocent blue eyes staring at me adoringly. "Oh my...oh dear...oh gosh..."

I turn around. "Ross we have to raise this-" I stop and a tear runs down my cheek. "Baby."

Ross is kissing the girl, moving his hands all over her body. I sniffle and cradle the baby in my arms, running away from the lake and into the trees.