Chapter 1

I bury my head in my book, trying to ignore the singing doofus sitting next to me.

I'm Kate. Blonde hair, hazel eyes, just your typical all-American girl. I work for Apple, and right now we are on a plane to Asia for a meeting.

We meaning me and the doofus next to me. That's Ross. Totally annoying, disruptive, and disrespectful. And of course he had to be my partner. That's just the irony of it all. Yeah I know, life sucks.

Ross hates me as much as I hate him. He thinks I should "loosen up a bit". You see what I have to deal with?

"TWIST AND SHOUT!!!" Ross is singing in the seat to my left. Everyone in first class turn their heads to look at him. I bury my head in my book further to pretend I don't know him.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon baby now!"

Things cannot possibly get worse, I think to myself.

Yet the universe just loves proving me wrong.

All of a sudden, the plane lurches to the right. Ross bangs his head on my shoulder and take off his headphones. "What's going on?"

I shrug and try my best not to panic. The plane suddenly dips its nose down. The flight attendant runs to our section of the plane and we know everything is not okay.

"Head between your knees head between your knees! Everyone do not panic!" She says, even though she's currently panicking.

"We don't have time to evacuate!" I tell Ross. He nods and starts screaming.

Oxygen masks drop down from above and I quickly put on mine. Ross is screaming so loud he isn't even paying attention. I grab his oxygen mask and put it on him. The plane dips lower and lower. Checking both of our seat-belts, I fasten them tighter. I can see the trees now. At the last second, I push Ross's back and get his head on the back of the seat in front of him.

Then, everything is black.