Chapter two

Really fucking short chapter. I didn't realize it was this short until I finished, thinking it was a good place to stop. So, I'll make the next chapter longer, like, much longer.

Picture of Kyle to the >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Anyways, enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiden's P. O. V

I squared my shoulders and walked into the school building, ignoring the eyes on me as they followed me down the hallway and to my locker, where I pulled out the books I would be using for today.

Much attention was directed at me because of the incident involving Kyle's father. Most knew that I had been there when it happened, and even though I didn't play much of a part in that whole scenario, it didn't stop them from wondering curiously why I had been there in the first place.

Everyone knew that I had never liked Kyle, and always bullied him because he was gay, but they had seen me at his table, clearly at ease with him, Zack, and Mia. So of course they wanted to know what changed in me so suddenly, why I was in 'their group.'

They probably thought I was gay myself, but for some reason, I didn't mind that fact as much as I had originally thought I would. I just only hope that none of those theories, those speculations, reach my family. If they did, then I'll be screwed.

"Aiden," a familiar voice called out and I looked over to who had said my name, seeing Kyle heading my way with a bright smile on his face, Zack trailing after him, looking bored.

Zack's eyes met mine and a silent message passed between us. He nodded his head in greeting and I back. It's not like we disliked each other really, but it's not like we enjoyed each other's company all the time.

Zack couldn't forget all the things I had done to Kyle, and neither could I, so it made things a bit awkward sometimes, but most times things were cool between us. Basically, we tolerated each other and only interacted with each other when times call for it.

Maybe we'll forget about my horrible past mistakes someday soon and be able to talk normally with each other without feelings of regret, but for now, just looking at me must be a constant reminder for him of all that I did, and I felt immensely remorseful for it.

I remember at one point, driven by my guilty conscious, I had promised Zack that I would forever make amends not just to Kyle, but to him too, since I'm sure the after effects of my bullying still haunted Kyle and he had to be there to comfort him.

But all Zack did was shake his head in no and said that it wasn't Kyle, or even him that I needed to make amends to. He then looked over to Nathan who was laughing at something Kyle said in emphasis, and I knew exactly what he meant.

I had looked over to Nathan too with a grim expression, and as if he could sense my eyes on him he turned to look at me and the laughter in his eyes was replaced by a look of contempt and my stomach dropped to the floor.

Yup, I had thought, I definitely had amends to make.

I shook myself back to reality and plastered on a smile for Kyle's sake, knowing he would only pick up on my waning mood if I continued to remain gloomy faced.

"Hey Kyle, how are you doing?" I asked, shutting my locker and heading for my first class.

I had history with Mr. Anderson, a class that I looked forward to because the teacher was a pretty cool guy. But then my mood plummeted once again when I remembered I shared that class with Nathan and the smile slipped from my face.

"Good so far, surprisingly, considering all that I've been through," he winced at the reminder and Zack gave him a concerned look, as if worried he would suddenly break down or something, which was a ridiculous notion really, since Kyle was much stronger than any of us, not including Nathan I guess, because the things I put him through were even worse then what Kyle had to experience.

"That's good," I replied distractedly, my mind still occupied with thoughts of Nathan.

"What about you?" He asked in return and I snapped my eyes to him in confusion, being so out of it that I had hardly followed the conversation.

"What about me?" I frowned.

Kyle smiled patiently while Zack gave me a look of understanding, probably having guessed exactly what I had been thinking about and I narrowed my eyes his way with a look that said shut it and he smirked in response, directing his eyes elsewhere and I turned my attention back to Kyle as he spoke again.

"How are you doing?" He repeated, this time rephrasing his words so that I knew what he was asking without a doubt.

I sensed a double meaning to his words but shrugged it off as part of my imagination and answered. "Fine."

He seemed dissatisfied with what I had said but had no chance to speak as we had arrived at my classroom. I murmured a quick see you later and hurried into the room, only pausing briefly to see if Nathan was here yet and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw he wasn't and headed for my seat.

I knew I was just being a chicken with the way I was acting. It's not like I can avoid him forever, as much as I would love to. I was going to have to face him sooner or later, I was just hoping for later.

But of course fate has other plans and the second I sat in my seat, Nathan entered with a winded look, as if he had run to get here and the bell that signaled the start of the class rang. Though, lucky for him, the teacher had yet to arrive and was late like usual, so really, trying to rush to get here was pointless if the teacher wasn't even here to notice whether or not you were even late in the first place.

Nathan wiped his sweaty brow with the back off his hand and began walking towards his seat... that was right next to me, something that I blamed on fate and its cruel ways as well.

Nathan's face twisted up in disdain when he saw that his desk was next to mine, as if he had just remembered that moment as well that we sat next to each other. He reluctantly walked over and sat in the seat next to me, his lips pressed in a thin, tight line as he glared at his desk as if it was its fault for the seating arrangements, when in fact it was the teachers.

I looked over to him and swallowed, my throat now as dry as a desert and deiced to be brave, which was ironic really since I've always been considered a tough kid, but here I was ready to piss my pants because I was so scared to talk to him for fear of his reaction, or lack of reaction possibly.

"H-hey," I stuttered slightly, much to my embarrassment and he turned his glare onto me, sending a cold chill up my spine from the hatred in his eyes that still stood strong.

It was the same amount of hate he showed me the day before he suddenly moved three years ago, the intensity of it hasn't even been turned down a notch, not one bit. It didn't boost my confidence to continue this conversation even a little bit.

"What?" He gritted out between clenched teeth, at least attempting to act civilized.

"Nothing," I said quickly and turned away, facing the front again.

I bit at my lip and slumped down in my seat, sighing, feeling once again depressed and frustrated out of my mind and finding nothing that could possibly bring me any hope for this seemingly hopeless situation I was in.

Yup, today was just going to suck, I thought and stared up at the clock, wishing the hands would move faster so that the day would end soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

V/C/F

Until next time, peace out!