Chapter five

Picture of Mr. White, Aiden's father, to the >>>>>>>>>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiden's P. O. V

My stunt last night had definitely gained my father's attention, that much was obvious from his continuous observation of me before I left for school.

I really need to be careful of what I say from now on, I thought as I drove to school and parked.

I got out and headed to class, meeting up with Kyle, Zack and Mia along the way. Once I reached my classroom door they departed and I knew it wouldn't be long before I saw them again.

I walked in and headed to my seat, seeing that the room was almost empty, meaning it was still pretty early.

As my eyes scanned around, I noticed with a hint of disappointment that Nathan wasn't there yet. In fact, as the day went on, Nathan never showed up. I had all but given up on seeing him today by lunch time.

With a frown on my face I grabbed my lunch and headed over to my new, usual table where Zack, Kyle, and Mia were seated.

"Kyle, do you know where Nathan is?" I asked, placing my tray down on the table and took a seat next to Mia who was talking on her phone.

The reason why I asked Kyle was because Nathan and him had hit it off pretty well since the moment they met. Maybe because they had so much in common, they were even victims of my bullying, not that that was a good thing really. Anyways, there was a high chance Kyle knew where he was, that's how close they'd gotten.

I was jealous of their relationship most of the time, plain envied it and wished Nathan was like that with me, but I never said these feelings out loud or made it effect my newfound friendship with Kyle.

Kyle paused with his fork to his mouth. He set it down and answered. "He had to finish up unpacking and moving furniture into their house. He'll be here for his last periods, or not at all."

I resisted the urge to pout. "Oh, okay." I rested my head on the palm of my hand, my elbow on the table, and picked at my food.

Damn, what now? I thought, wondering why I had asked. Its not like I can do anything about it.

I could feel Kyle's gaze on me and could tell it was full of pity. I didn't need it. "I know his address if you wa-"

My head snapped up so fast as he said this that I felt as if I had given myself whiplash. "That would be great!" I interrupted Kyle and he blinked at me, startled.

"Uh, okay," Kyle said slowly, his brows raised in amusment.

"Wow, eager aren't you?" Zack chuckled and I glared his way in embarrassment.

"Shut up," I said and he smirked my way. Mia let out a laugh from the whole exchange and Kyle had this warm smile on his face. "Anyways, just hand it over."

Kyle eyes danced with laughter as he told me the address, and I made sure to write it down so that I wouldn't forget it. It could be useful for later on.

"So, have you figured out how to gain Nathan's forgiveness?" Kyle asked, serious once again.

My good mood dwindled into nothingness and a sigh escaped, one that said it all, told him exactly how far away I was from having that happen. "No," I said bitterly. "I'm stuck, I can't think of anything that could get him to stop hating me."

Kyle looked thoughtful for a second. "Well, have you tried apologizing to him?" Kyle wondered.

That stopped me cold. "What?"