Adina's Show

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love is not something you feel, it's something you do.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

DAMIEN MUNROE

"Morgan, Morgan breath. It's me." I tried to calm a slightly panicked and really pissed Morgan down.

"Are you going to tell me what the bloody hell is going on?" Did I say she looked pissed?

She looked like she was about to murder me.

"Well?"

"Adina needs our help." I started.

"Thank you for that very detailed information." She snapped.

Needless to say, it took a while to calm her down.

I tried my very best to explain the situation to her without actually telling her what the main problem was.

I felt if anyone was going to tell her, it had to be Adina.

"So what do you want me to do?" She asked.

"Max has a video..." I started as I reached into my backpack to get my laptop. "And he's going to show it to the whole school."

"It has something to do with Adi, doesn't it?" She asked and I nodded. "If we're going to stop him, shouldn't we be out there?"

"No we shouldn't. All we have to do is stay here and let Max show the whole school the video he has." I explained as I gestured to her to take a seat behind the laptop.

"Only the video he'll be showing everyone will not be the one he wants everyone to see." Morgan said as she started to type away.

Watching her smile as she did her thing made me glad I asked for her help.

I was pretty amazing with technology, I could hack into almost every system there was.

Well, except Max's.

About a year ago, someone had hacked into the company system and basically every device owned by a Walker for reasons best known to them.

After they got the problem handled, their cyber security was tightened.

When Morgan transferred to our school, for some weird reason I wanted to know a little more about her, which proved to be a little difficult, no one knew a lot about her and also because I didn't have a lot of friends.

But I heard that she was a tech god at her former school. She was so good, she got into trouble for it and got withdrawn.

I may have been good at everything, well, except making friends, but I needed someone who was that good to help.

I never wanted to mess up any chance I had to help Adina.

And somehow, I trusted Morgan.

"So you want to me to switch the video with another?" She asked and I nodded as I handed her my phone to her.

She tapped on the video and it started to play.

"This is priceless." She said with the most wicked smile. "Give me five minutes."

As she typed away, a smile tugged at my lips while I silently prayed for Adina to hang in there.

                               •••

ADINA POWERS

For five whole minutes, I stood there listening to Max talk about himself and how some plane Jane didn't know her place.

As expected, everyone was attentive and eager to know who the unfortunate subject of interest was.

Even I was.