Adina's Mess 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some people come into our lives as blessings. Some come into our lives as lessons.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my God! What did I just do?" I panicked clutching my profusely bleeding wrist.

I didn't want to die.

I hated my life but I didn't want to die. I had to stay alive for my father. Eric Powers. The most successful business tycoon in all of Manhattan. The man who could give his life for his daughter but never had the time for her.

I also had to live for my grandma, Esther Matthews. The most loving soul in all the world.

No! I couldn't die.

"Help! Help me." I yelled. If no one came to my rescue in five minutes, I'd be dead.

"Oh God, I know I don't pray much but I need you right now. I don't want to die. P-please h-help...help...me." I prayed with what seemed to be my last breath and then everything went blank as I slipped into total oblivion, hoping, praying that God, if He was up there somewhere, heard me.

                                •••

I opened my eyes, which was a shock.

I looked around me and saw that I was in a totally different environment.

The first place I looked to was my wrist, it was treated. Covered in a neat bandage.

How in the heavens?

I held up my wrist to my eye level and realization hit me.

Someone had saved me. God heard me.

Tears streamed down my face relentlessly as I ran my long, nimble fingers over the white yet blood stained bandage when the door loudly and abruptly opened, revealing no other than Maximus Walker.

Star quarterback and the amazingly hot guy who every girl in Quinns died for. What he was doing there in the same room as me, I had no idea.

"I see you're awake." His silky smooth voice filled the room as he pulled a chair and sat directly in front of me. I fidgeted a little, the close proximity making me feel uncomfortable.

"Your wound will heal before school resumes I hope. But I gotta ask though, why would you want to kill yourself? You're Adina, right? Adina Powers. You have everything."

Yeah, including a mother that hated me.

"But you should consider yourself fortunate that I found you in the woods. If not, we both know where you'd be by now." He bragged, with a smirk very evident on his face.

He did have a right to brag though, I mean, the guy had just saved my life. But for a 'cool jock' he was pretty much talkative.

"Thank you." I managed to croak out after finding my voice. I didn't very much like this guy, but he saved me.

He was my hero.

"I'm indebted to you for what you've done." I continued, sounding as grateful as possible.

I looked down as I played with my fingers, a habit I had cultivated when I was little, as he looked intently at me.

There was a gleam in his eyes andI couldn't decipher the look I was getting from this six-foot, hot guy.

But my instincts kept screaming 'danger'.

"Oh, you are indebted to me alright. In fact, you could say you owe me your life." He said in a dangerously low tone, while his mouth formed the ugliest sneer I'd ever seen.