chapter thirteen

"I can't believe i let this happen." Katara whimpered, kneeling down by the pond as tears were pouring out of her eyes.

The attacks were happening again, it wasn't affecting us at the moment since we were surrounded by the ice bergs that went around the oasis. We could only hear the ruckus coming from outside.

"You did everything you could." Sokka comforted his sister, placing his hand on her shoulder. "Now we have to do everything we can to get him back. Zuko couldn't have gotten far, we'll find him."

"Okay."

Sokka, Katara, Yue and I all hopped onto Appa, preparing for takeoff.

"Stay here, Momo. Just in case Aang comes back." I told the lemur.

"Yip, Yip!" Sokka instructed Appa to fly into the air.

We began searching around the area, looking for Aang. The wind was really cold, which made Katara, Yue and I all huddle together. Sokka stayed strong and stayed where he was, guiding Appa with the bridle.

~

"Roku, the tribe is in danger! I need to find the the ocean and the moon spirits!"

"The ocean and the moon are ancient spirits. They crossed over from the spirit world to the mortal world very near the beginning. There is only one spirit i know of who is old enough to remember."

"Who?"

"The spirit's name is Koh, but he is very dangerous. They call him ''the face stealer.' When you speak with him, you must be very careful to show no emotional at all. Not even the slightest expression. Or else, he will steal your face."

~

"No sign of him anywhere. This isn't good."

Katara gave Sokka a sad look, her tears freezing from how cold it was outside in this storm.

~

"I finally have you, but I can't get you home because of this blizzard. There's always something, not that you would understand. You're like my sister. Everything always came easy to her. She's a firebending prodigy, and everyone adores her. My father says she was born lucky, he says i was lucky to be born. I don't need luck, though. I don't want it. I've always had to struggle and fight, and that's made me strong... It's made me who I am."

~

"Years ago, I stumbled upon a great and powerful secret. The identity of the moon spirit's mortal form."

"What?"

"I was a young lieutenant serving under General Xu in the Earth Kingdom. I discovered a hidden library; underground in fact. I tore through scroll after scroll. One of them contained a detailed illustration, and the words 'moon' and 'ocean'. I knew that these spirits could be found... and killed."

"Zhao! The spirits are not to be trifled with!"

"Yes, yes, I know you fear the spirits. I heard rumours about your journey into the spirit world. But, the ocean and moon gave up their immortality to become a part of our world. Now, they will face the consequences."

~

"Aang? Aang! Where are you?" Katara chanted.

"Don't worry, Prince Zuko can't be getting too far in this weather." Yue prayed.

"I'm not worried they'll get away from the blizzard. I'm worried that they won't."

"I didn't even think of that."