chapter fifteen

"I have something to confess." I gained the group's attention. "Back when i was visiting my home, my father told me there would be an invasion plan on Omashu. I'm so sorry, I completely forgot about it when you guys picked me up, and for my own selfish reasons I never brought it up before."

"You knew this whole time? And you didn't say anything?" Sokka yelled at me, making me tearbend.

"I knew it! You're not on our side, you're plotting with your people!" Katara freaked out, then smacked me across the face. I accepted it, knowing i deserved it.

"Katara, that's enough! Motoko isn't against us." Aang expressed, grabbing my shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"No, i'm not. But, don't worry about me. I'll accept whatever punishment you give me."

"We don't have the time to do this right now, it can wait. We need to save Omashu while we still can. Let's go find King Bumi." Aang ordered. "I know a secret passage."

Aang led us towards the sewers of Omashu, then pried open the entrance. Green gunk flew towards us.

"I'm guessing this is why we didn't use this secret passage last time." Sokka began to shake the substance off of him.

"Yup, everyone in." Aang was the first to step inside, then we followed him in. We climbed up the ladder in the sewer, then found a well that brought us into the city.

"Okay, the coast is clear." I double checked just to make sure we weren't spotted.

"Sokka, what's on your face?" Katara laughed.

"A purple pentapus." Aang removed the creature off of Sokka's face before he had the chance to scream, but the tentacles left spots on his cheeks, making him look ill.

"Hey!" three guards approached us from behind. "What are you doing past curfew?"

"Sorry, we were just on our way home." Katara excused, giving the guards a smile.

"Wait, what's the matter with him?" The second guard pointed at Sokka's face.

"He has pentapox, sir." I came up with a dumb disease, hoping the guards will buy it. "It's highly contagious."

"It's so awful, i'm dying!" Sokka fake groaned.

"And deadly." Katara added.

"Hey, i think i've heard of pentapox. Didn't you cousin, Chang, die of it?" The third guard asked the first one.

"We better go wash our hands, and burn our clothes!" The guards ran away, leaving us alone again.

"That was sort of funny." I giggled.

"Where would they be keeping Bumi?" Sokka pondered, getting right back into business.

"Somewhere he can't earthbend, somewhere made out of metal." Aang predicted as we began walking around the city, trying to figure out a plan.

Suddenly, a rock came flying towards us. Aang managed to dodge it using airebending before it had the chance to hit us. I looked up to see a man glaring down at us, then i realized it wasn't us he was targeting. I looked further and saw my family walking through Omashu with guards surrounding them. I started panicking, not knowing what to do in the situation. Once they heard the ruckus over where we were, they turned around and caught us.

"The resistance!" Mom yelled.

"Motoko?" Mai looked over at me with a shocked expression on her face.

"So, the rumours were true. My daughter is siding with the avatar. Mai, take them down!" My father ordered my sister. She hesitated, but quickly made her way towards us.