Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cole's POV

The only thing that was running through my mind when I heard that one word was to protect my mate.

“There is another group on the west end of the territory Alpha.” Trey said through the mind link.

“I’m on my way.” I said back and shutting of the link.

Standing up I pull my dear Anne into a huge hug and tell her I’ll be back in no time.  Giving her A kiss on the cheek, I turn around and face my brother.

“Let’s go!” I said to my brother.  That’s when I started running right to the front door and run pass Caden and a couple of my men were waiting on the porch.

Shifting into my huge black wolf, my wolf howled to tell my men that help is coming. As soon as I howled the two men, Caden and my brother all shifted and started running right beside me.

Out of nowhere a dirty disgusting brown wolf tackled me and started to nip at my ears.

Oh hell no, nobody is attacking me from behind. I demand respect, doesn’t matter if you’re a rogue, I’m still the king. That’s why my wolf took over completely.

“Must protect mate. Can’t let them touch Mate.” My wolf kept chanting over and over while he was killing the rogues that were popping out of the tree line.

In no time there were no rogues left, I kept 3 rogues alive, so I could ask questions later.

“Put them in the dungeons.” I told Caden and Trey.

“Yes Alpha.” They both said together.

“Take them to the dungeons,” Caden said to 9 of the warrior wolfs behind us.

“Yes Beta.” They said in unison.

Giving him a look when he turns back to face me, “What?” he asks.

“I asked you two to do it,” I gave them the ‘You are so lazy look’

“Well, I am tired from fighting and I didn’t want to drag 3 rogues unwillingly to the dungeons. That would make me very tired, and they would probably run away.” He said giving me a duh look.

“Whatever,” I said turning back around and running toward my parents’ house. “I need my mate.” I said quieter so they wouldn’t hear they don’t need to know my business.

But apparently they heard and the next thing I hear is trey making a whip sound.

Turning back around and staring at him, “When you get your mate, you will understand.”

Looking around I try and find my brother, “Where is Colton?” I asked whoever would answer me.

“He left early Alpha.” Said a young male.

“When?” I asked getting a little frustrated. If he wants to stay in this pack you leave when you know when your pack mates are fine.

“After the last rogues were killed and the others handcuffed.” Another man replied to my question.

“Alpha! Alpha!” my messenger Rudy yelled from the tree lines holding something in his hand.

“You can all leave now! Go see your mates and family!” I yelled to my pack in my Alpha voice, already knowing that whatever is in that envelope is going to be bad.

When Rudy reached me, he handed me over a note that smelled strongly of Rogues and something else very familiar.

Opening up the letter, I instantly see red when I see my mates name.