Chapter 15

Chapter 15
"Because I'm fighting for you."
**

J leans away and puts his forehead on mine. I just confessed my feelings. I knew he told me his feelings last night, but I just thought it was a dream. But it wasn't, he loves me and I love him.

I. kissed. J.

I smile feeling his breath fan my face. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him against me. Tears still stream down my face, but they hold no sadness. They're not tears of loss, or betrayal, no... they're tears of joy. I smile in J's shirt and feel his grip tighten. I could stay here forever and just be in his arms. But Phoenix needs to discuss something with me.

"No matter how long I could stand here I have to go."

I look up into J's beautiful eyes that are crinkled by his wide grin. He snuggles his head against my neck and sighs. "Okay," he grumbles.

I laugh and grab my keys, before turning the doorknob and looking over my shoulder. J wears a smile that brightens the house, his hands stuffed in his pockets. He mouths the words 'I love you.'

I mouth them back.

He smiles and leans against the wall watching me leave. I hop into the car, still feeling butterflies swarm in my stomach. I can't get the smile off my face. Life has been hard, but the good things seem to get larger with the more suffering. Every ounce of pain has led up to this very moment.

I drive to the guys house, Phoenix never mentioned where to meet up so I head there first. I knock on the door and Phoenix answers it. His hair is fixed in all the right places and he wears nice clothes, why is he so dressed up? Is that cologne I smell?

I smile and he motions to the car and locks the door behind him. I go to drive, but Phoenix steps in. I go to argue that I would prefer to drive my own car. However, he sends me a playful glare, which I give in too. I climb into the passenger seat and roll down my window. Once we drive to the mysterious place the sun already begun to set. How long did I fall asleep at J's? I get a sudden cold chill and the feeling to turn around and just go home, but I push it aside.

I notice the road has become more steep. I glance around and see we are on the edge of the city of Keystone. Phoenix puts the car in park and I gasp at the view. We seem to be on some type of cliff that over looks Keystone. Stumbling from the car I try to drink everything in. The way the city lights twinkle, and some disappearing into the night's darkness. I rest against the hood with my elbows keeping me steady, enjoying the show in front of me.

Cars drive so fast they look like lines of lights. Huge buildings light up the evening sky, the city could be seen from miles away. I notice Phoenix leans against the hood beside me, I didn't see him get out of the car. The stars start to pop out as the sun descends, more lights flicker on each city building.

"I figure you deserved something nice for once." I smile at the thoughtful gesture.

But I already have everything I want. Amazing friends, an awesome family, and a man I love that loves me back. My smile widens, Phoenix mirroring my movements. He must think I'm smiling about his gift. It's a wonderful gift, but I have everything I want.

"It's beautiful," I say taking in the light show before me.

"Like you?" I look at Phoenix and see his eyes sparkle. I frown slightly, what does he mean?

That's when I see it. It's the way J looks at me. Does Phoenix like me? But I love J, not Phoenix. But how would I tell him that without ruining our friendship? Out of all the guys me and Phoenix are the closets, I can't ruin that? I give him a sad smile, which makes him furrow his brows.