Chapter 4 [Edited]

Chapter 4
"I'm already one foot in the grave."
**

The sound of yelling and Mario music blaring is how I am woken up. I rub the sleep from my eyes and sling my legs over my bed. Hold up . . .

This isn't my bed.

I glance around the foreign room.

Imagine my mini little cramped room and times that by three, that's the size of this room. I sit on a queen size bed with gray sheets. There is two couches facing a large flat screen tv in front of them. There is a mini fridge near a snack bar.

Am I dreaming?

I yawn and catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror across the room. My hair looks like a birds nest and my eyes have dark smudges underneath. My face isn't puffy and my eyes aren't red, but I cried all last night? I'm hoping that was only last night? I remember running and then starting to fall asleep on the bench.

"Come on! You cheated Axel!" Shepherd whines from another room. Shepherd shouts some very colorful words, before hearing a loud crash.

"Guys! Take it outside!" Phoenix yells, followed by another loud thump and glass shattering.

"Ow! Ow! Okay, I'll call a truths!"

I hear another shout of curse words and thumps. I huff and hope off the bed, I open the door slowly and see a light turned on down the hall. The moonlight shines through a window in the hall, other than that the light from the room lights the hallway completely. I walk down the hall slowly hoping to not step on a creaky board. The hallway is painted a clean white with shiny hardwood flooring. Another loud crash echoes through the hall, making me flinch. I peak through the cracked door, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Crap! Axel that hurts!" Axel has Shepherd on his stomach with his hands twisted behind his back. Axel sits on his knotted hands and licks his finger. Oh no. I cover my mouth from letting out a stream of giggles.

Axel puts his saliva covered finger in Shepherds ear, twisting it very slowly.

"Ewwww! Axel!" My laughter threatens to erupt from my mouth and I try harder to hold it back. Axel keeps twisting his wet finger in Shepherds ear, despite Shepherd's thrashing. I get my laughter under control and continue to watch. Phoenix continues to play Mario Brothers ignoring the other two, while Axel and Shepherd wrestle.

"Take it back!" Axel finally pulls his finger from Shepherds ear. Axel looks at his finger and grimaces wiping it on Shepherd's shirt, while Axel is distracted Shepherd bucks him off.

"Neverrr!" He tackles Axel on top of a glass coffee table. I gasp and watch both the boys eyes widen in horror. They glance over to Phoenix who has now paused the game.

"That's it!"

Phoenix storms towards Shepherd and Axel who bolt out of the room, trampling me in the process. They take off down the stares and leave me laying on my back on the floor. I moan rubbing the back of my now sore head. I am going to have a nice bump there tomorrow. A hand comes into my fuzzy vision, I scowl at Phoenix's flat expression.

"Don't worry I'll get them back for you."

I laugh and take Phoenix's outstretched hand. He pulls me to my feet gracefully and takes off down the stares.

"Shepherd! Axel! I hope your digging your graves!" I chuckle and walk down the stares, stopping halfway down. How am I going to explain to my mom where I have been? I could care a less about missing school, I do it all the time. But giving mom a worthy excuse of why I have been gone for-how long have I been gone?