three

~ N O W ~

“Right yeah, I remember you telling me about that,” Sarah nods, hands still clamped onto mine in a habit she did when she was excited, her brown eyes lit with interest as a smile tugged at her lips. “But I thought you guys… y'know…” she trails, eyebrows wiggling before she looked over at the café line, my own eyes trailing toward the boy I’d come in with before I smile and look back at my best friend again.

“No, no way,” I laugh, “I told you we didn’t.”

“I know,” she mutters dragging her eyes back to meet mine, “but seriously, are you sure you didn’t go any further?”

“Nope.”

“Not even a handjob?” she asks, voice low and her eyes as wide as Bambi’s.

“Sarah!” I chastise, her crude words making my cheeks heat up.

“Not even a blowjob?” she exclaims this time, causing people to snap their heads our way for the millionth time in the past ten minutes of getting into the coffee shop, making my cheeks heat immeasurably and for my foot to lash out and kick her under the table. Sarah winces slightly before she giggles and gives me an innocent grin, “fine, okay. So what happens next?”

I roll my eyes at her before taking my hand out from her death grip and propping it under my chin, half my hair covering my face in a failing way to hide my blush, “well, just so you know, that doesn’t happen until later on… very later on.”

“At Jackson’s party?” she perks up, a grin on her face that made me shake my head and laugh.

“Nope. But that is where I met him a second time.”