sixteen

~ T H E N ~

"Sarah! Stop it, you're going to freakin' break something!" I whisper-shouted, laughing slightly as I watched her fiddle with a joystick stupidly, the children and teens around us paying us no mind as they ran around looking for a new game to play with or on.

"Oh, please," Sarah laughed, "This is a gaming centre for the smallest of children and the biggest of men - I highly doubt that I could break it," she said as if I was the dumb one, just as the joystick in her hand made a noise that sounded suspiciously like it just snapped.

Our eyes widened.

"Oh shit," she muttered before she grabbed my hand and yanked me away, the both of us laughing like crazy as we weaved our way through all the gamers, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit," she repeated under her breath, only making me laugh even harder and almost stumble into someone considering how amused I was by the idiot.

Out of nowhere she just stopped and it was so sudden that I slammed into her back, causing her to barrel forward and into someone else.

"Oh, hey!" a familiar voice exclaimed once he'd straightened her, hands holding onto her shoulders a little longer than usual before his eyes trailed over to me. "Wreaking havoc again I see," Tom chuckled as he let Sarah go and stepped away, revealing a girl beside him who looked on with a low key interest.

"Nah," I grinned, "Only Sarah."

He shook his head, not seeming at all surprised as his grey eyes trailed back to meet hers, "What'd you do this time?"

She stepped away and rolled her eyes, arms crossing defensively over her chest before she answers. "Nothing," she replied tersely, gazing over to some other place as if she didn't know him.

My eyebrows raised faintly at her sudden mood change but instead of commenting on it and making things even more awkward, I instead look at Tom who was too busy staring at Sarah. "Tom," I said pointedly as the girl beside him grew more and more awkward by the second, "Are you going to introduce us to your friend over here?"

He blinked, "Right, yeah!" he grinned stepping to the side to sling an arm over the girls' shoulders, "Guys, this is Amy. Amy, these are my best friends - Mia and Sarah," he said casually, eyes lingering back to Sarah who seemed hell-bent on not looking at him, but chose to turn toward the newcomer instead.

"Nice to meet you," she said with a tight lipped smile, polite as ever.

"You too," Amy replied smiling, before she looked over at me, "It's kind of funny because Tom was just talking about the two of you."

I raised my eyebrow and smirked a little, "He was, was he?" I asked meeting his gaze in pure amusement, knowing that the only time Tom talked about us to another girl he was getting with, was only when they've been either friend-zoned, or are about to get let down.

Amy nodded.

The poor girl.

"Well," I said wanting to put an end to this, "Sarah and I have places to go and people to see. It was lovely meeting you, Amy!" I grinned, cutting Tom off before he could say something and walking off with a wave goodbye before he could try to convince me to let her down for him.

I laughed as Sarah and I finally walk out of the gaming centre, also known as Galactic Circus, before deciding to drag us toward the food court of the shopping centre we were at. "The poor girl," I muttered linking arms with Sarah who seemed oddly quiet.

"Yeah," she agreed looking completely out of it, "he is such an asshole."

My eyebrows raised slightly at the tone of her voice, because even though Tom's notorious ways of being a little man-whore has always been known since day one, neither of us have really cared or paid much attention to it unless he drags us into it... which is barely ever.