• T W O •

(Song used in this chapter Honey - Bryson Tiller)

Baby's Point of View

Bell rings, thank god I was starting to get tired in Pre Calc. It's only October and I'm already wishing for summer to come back.

I get up from my seat walk out the front door and down the stairs towards my car. I already see Cyn and Gabby waiting in front of my car like I told them to.

"Hey, y'all ready?" I asked them. They nodded and they both opened the doors. I sit in the drivers seat while Cyn is in the passenger and Gabby is in the back on her phone.

I start the engine and begin to back out of the parking lot then made my way towards to the street.

"So how was everyone's day?" I asked to kill the silence. "Honestly girl, I feel like I made a mistake picking Algebra II honors. That class is going to be the death of me" She says.

"Why don't you get Deondre to tutor you? He's really good at math" I asked her. She looked at me as if I was crazy.

"He's smart don't get wrong, but he can't tutor me... I can't understand half the stuff he says. I don't speak ebonics 2.0" she says.

I died of laughter "Damn Cyn I'm sorry, well you think you can try to find someone else to tutor you" I say.

"Ooh why don't ask one of those really smart Freshmen in that talented and gifted class" Gabby says.

"Ooh yeah I can.. them niggas smart as hell and all have to do is just flirt with them a little and they'll the shit for free" Cyn says popping her tongue.

Gabby and I both laughed. "Okay what about you Gabby" I asked. She shrugged "it was pretty normal for me.. nothing interesting really happened besides that fine ass new boy coming?" She giggled.

"Man I know, I still can't stop thinking about him" I tell them. "Y'all really here gassing, I'm the only one who hasn't seen what this boy looks like" Cyn says.

I sighed and made a turn to the left at the mall. "Okay so what stores are we gonna hit up?" I asked.
"I gotta go inside Charlotte Russe, their jeans are 2 for 10" Cyn says.

"Ooh they are?" I asked. "Yup which is exactly why I wanna hurry my black ass inside if I wanna make it to that sale" she says.

I laughed, "well I gotta go inside foot locker, I need some more sneakers.. I wanna get pumas because I recently bought this puma sweatsuit and it's sooo cute I need matching sneaks to go with it" I tell them.

I pull up to the main entrance and drop them off. "You guys can start, I need to find a parking spot" I tell them. They nodded and they both got out of the car.

I start to look for a spot in the parking lot and kept cruising around to find one. Then I finally found one which wasn't too far from the entrance. I drove into the space and put it in park.  I checked my face through my rear view mirror and added a bit of lip gloss on my lips.

I rubbed my lips together and made a smack sound, yup I look good. I get out of the car and made my way inside the mall.

—————

Inside the mall

Cyn, Gabby and I were at Nike looking at the new installments that they had put up. There was a lot of things on sale.

I looked around and saw these cute Nike bras that were half price today. I took it off the rack and and started to eye them out.