• O N E •

(Song used for this chapter You Don't Know - Tank ft Wale)

Baby's Point of View

"BABETTE!!! COME DOWNSTAIRS" I hear my mother screaming from the top of her lungs. Ugh she knows that I hate when she calls me that.

"I'M COMING NOW!!!" I say. I put the finishing touches on my makeup and quickly put on my sandals. I rush down the stairs to see both my parents.

"And by the way mom, I told you to stop calling me that.. I go by baby remember" I whined. She looked at me as if I had two heads.

"I don't give a damn what you go by, I named you Babette so that's what I'm going to call you" She says crossing her arms.

I sighed, hopefully one day she understands how much that name truly irks me. "Anyway what did you call me down for, I'm gonna be late for school if I don't start walking now" I tell her.

My father hopped in the conversation. "That's the thing, you may not have to walk to school no more" he says.

I lifted my brow, I hope he's hinting on what I think he's hinting at. "Mom, Dad you guys didn't" I said getting excited.

"Look outside" they both tell me. Without any hesitation I dashed out the door to see a beautiful ass car sitting in the driveway.

 Without any hesitation I dashed out the door to see a beautiful ass car sitting in the driveway

My mouth dropped wide open. I could not believe my eyes right now. There's no way that this car is all mine. "You guys aren't joking right? I hope y'all aren't that cruel" I hoped.

My dad pulled out car keys and dangled them next to me. "On god" he says, I look next to me and saw the keys and immediately started to jump.

"OH MY GOD!!!" I hugged both of them. "Thank you guys soo much I love y'all" I told them both.

They both chuckled. "You deserved it Baby, That report card you brought home is what got you this car, you should be proud of yourself mama" my mom said.

"Ahh u called me baby.. I knew it would catch on" I told her. "Girl hush" she replied. I looked at the care in awe. I still can't believe that this is really mine.

"You better go tho before you late" my father says. I smiled and gave them one last hug before I ran to the car.

I opened the door and went inside and started the engine. Man wait till DJ and Cyn see this.

————-

                                  Deondre (DJ)