Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29

Look Forward for Me Losing Your Face

Jing Yue fought another shiver; here’s another love-struck fool, really an evildoer ah!

“Huang Fei, if you dawdle about any longer, you’d eat a lot of sufferings when you enter the palace later.” Xiao Chen’s face blackened when he stared at Jing Yue whose body was wearing no one know what kind of clothes; is this woman a pig? Even clothes she couldn’t wear them right.

“Enter the palace!? Right now?” Jing Yue’s eyes were widened as she stared at Xiao Chen.

Xiao Chen lifted his eyes to look at Yin Qiao and said a sentence: “You go, help Huang Fei get dressed.” In the end he added another sentence: “You have to be quick.”

“Yes…… yes.” Yin Qiao’s heart pounded erratically. She hastily took Jing Yue to help her dressed properly.  Jing Yue saw Yin Qiao put some unknown things on her face; with a face that looked like she was ready to meet her death, she closed her eyes and let Yin Qiao tossed her repeatedly which resulted in her felt extreme pain from having her hair continuously pulled.

“Too heavy……” Jing Yue felt her neck was going to snap soon enough. When she saw the person inside the blurry copper mirror, she sighed silently, tortures ah.

“Huang Fei, it’s done. Because Huang Fei hasn’t married yet, slave didn’t put a true fei’sattire and make up on Huang Fei yet; slave also only put a few hair ornaments.” Yin Qiao, who kneeled at one side, said to Jing Yue.

“Few?” Jing Yue was green in the face. She suddenly thought, this kind of ghost Huang Fei was really not something a human could do, just the gold on one head already could press you to death.

Xiao Chen who sat outside was already impatient; he was just about to get up and went inside when he saw Jing Yue opened the curtain and took a step out. He was dumbfounded. As he saw the woman whose whole body was in a peachy red palace dress, the delicately painted look on her face, her dignified appearance as she stood still; something unusual streaked across Xiao Chen’s eyes.

If you ignored the hidden bitterness in Jing Yue’s eyes, she still looked far better than before.

“Let’s go.” Xiao Chen took a step forward and walked ahead. Jing Yue was going to catch up; yet unexpectedly, her step was too large while her skirt was too narrow. One stumble almost made her fell down; the hair ornaments on her head were shaking and swaying. Jing Yue’s body stiffened at once, afraid to move.

“Xiao Chen…… Sooner or later, there’ll be a day when I am going to kill you.” Jing Yue was practically about to weep; what kind of ghost thing is this ah!?

“It’s better for you to learn how to walk first.” Xiao Chen’s eyes were filled with laughter when he saw Jing Yue’s stiff appearance; really too interesting.

For the whole journey into the palace, calluses almost grew on Xiao Chen’s ears from hearing Jing Yue’s displeased grumbles. He got down from the carriage in a hurry when they finally arrived in the palace. He then stared at Jing Yue and saw that she carefully went down from the carriage and met his gaze.

“What are you looking at? Just look forward for me losing your face.” Jing Yue rolled her eyes, straightened her body and walked away.

The differences between these ancient women and modern women were too big. She could perfectly imitate a modern young lady; but these kinds of palace’s rules and etiquettes, walking posture and pace; she really couldn’t do them ah!

“I’m looking forward to seeing you do that.” Xiao Chen nodded silently, what he had wanted was exactly that kind of disgrace.

After they got down from the carriage, they rode inside a palace’s palanquin that was carried by several people and were received inside a palace which was said to be the Imperial consort’s palace when they finally arrived; that was the Emperor’s favorite consort ah. With great effort, Jing Yue adjusted her breathing and assumed one ‘pretty daughter of humble family’ appearance to walk out of the palanquin.

“Meet the Emperor, Consort Goddess.” Xiao Chen and Jing Yue entered the palace hall but she had absolutely no idea how she should make her salutation. She watched Xiao Chen’s posture as he saluted, paused for a moment before she finally imitated Xiao Chen’s posture.

“Puchi (giggle)……” bursts of laughter came through. Jing Yue embarrassedly put her hands down; could it be that this way to salute was wrong?

“This person is Ninth Huang Shu’s new Huang Fei?”  A question in a lucid and elegant voice came through. Jing Yue lifted her eyes and they were immediately widened when she saw a stunning woman dressed in a gorgeous embroidered gown sat on a seat high above; such a beautiful woman! She seemed to be about twenty years old.