URQT: Chapter Fourteen.

This chapter is dedicated to blakm00n.

*********

    Assalamu alaikum people, how was the last chapter.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Well here is the update I promised you all.

I didn't take long before updating. 😁

******************
         Safiyya was sitting by the window staring at the blank sky. Different thoughts were roaming in her mind. Lately, she had been doing that frequently. She had no one to talk to. Not even her mother.

    Speaking of her mother, Zakiyya's condition was worsening. She was getting weaker and weaker and to top it all, she refused to go to the hospital. Whenever Safiyya tried to talk to her, she would shout at her and leave.  On several occasions, Safiyya had tried to coarse her mother into going to the hospital but she failed. Zakiyya didn't want to see her. She hated her.

It came to an extent that Zakiyya would sit alone in the living room and talk to herself. She kept on calling Salma as though she was in the house. This act worried Safiyya. Her mother was starting to loose her mind and it was all because of her irresponsibility. And she couldn't do anything to stop it, to help her mother. Guilt was starting to eat her up. She couldn't concentrate on anything. Not even on herself. She knew that what she was doing was wrong and she was putting the baby's health at stake but she couldn't help zoning out whenever she was alone.

    Safiyya knew there was only one action she could take. She had to do it. Maybe for the first time in her life, she would be able to make the right decision. She would be able to do the right thing even if it meant stooping so low, she had to do it. After all, maybe that is what is hunting her and her mother. Their actions in the past. The was what she needed to correct. She had to be the one to take the first step.

  She stood up determined to do the the right thing. She grabbed her car keys and veil and proceeded to take action.

******************
    Yusuf was pacing back and forth in his room. There was something going on in his mind which he couldn't understand. He had been like this for a while now. There was only one person on his mind.

Salma.

He thought of her at work, home and everywhere. He couldn't help it but he knew he was starting to fall for her. And knowing what she had been through, he knew she was not ready to love anyone and that scared him. His feelings for her were escalating.

But what can he do?

Does he tell her or not?

Will she accept him or not?

What if she ended the good relationship they had because he told her his mind?

That was what was going on in his mind.

As Salma had told him, she was once married and she doesn't want to go back there again. Not so soon.

He was getting restless and he had no one to talk to. If his mother was okay, she would have definitely listened to him.

But then he remembered, just because she is in a comma doesn't mean she cannot hear him. She may not be able to open her eyes or talk but he knew she could hear him. He had to tell someone, even if that person was unconscious. So he went to the hospital.

      When he got to her room, he quietly sat besides his mother. He took her right hand and clutched it with two of his hands.

"Assalamu alaikum Mama." he muttered. He stared at her for a while before he talked again.

"It had been long since we talked heart to heart Mama. It had been long since I told you what was going on with me. Life is taking a toll on me and I am sure if were healthy and fine, you would have helped me a lot. I miss you so much." he said.

He kept on talking about nothing and everything.

   Meanwhile Salma was on her was to see Zainab. She had been very busy recently that she didn't check on her. As soon as she got to the door and was just about to turn the doorknob, she heard someone talking so she listened carefully. After a few seconds, she figured it was Yusuf. But he sounded disturbed and pained. She was sure Yusuf would not like her to see him in that condition.

She turned and was about to leave when what he said next stopped her.

"You know what Mama? Other than you, I never developed feelings for anyone because I thought it would do to me just as it did to you. I thought it would destroy me." said Yusuf in a devastating tone.

Salma winced. She wanted to leave. She knew eavesdropping was not right but once again, curiosity got to her and she stayed to listen to him as he talked to his unconscious mother.

Salma heard him sniff before he continued.

"I can't understand my self anymore. Do you remember Salma from Qatar."

Now Salma frowned.

He was talking to his mother about her.

But why?

"For the short time I've got to know her, I think I am starting to fall for her."

This time Salma froze.

What the jahannam.

"I know I sound stupid but I have never loved anyone and I don't know how it feels to love someone but I know that what I feel for Salma is not normal. But I am scared of how she would react if I expressed my feelings to her." stated Yusuf as he used one of his hands to move a stray hair away from his mother's eyes.

"Would she accept me or would she reject me? I don't know how it would affect me if she rejects me but I know it would not be good. That is what I have been avoiding since. Heartache."

Salma whom tears were starting to fill her eyes gasped.

"Mama, I want you to open your eyes and tell me I am crazy. Wake up and scold me for coming back home late for dinner." he stopped and smiled this time. "Wake up and smack my head for drinking water from the bottle and not using a cup. Wake up and show me the right path, tell me how on earth am I going to tell her that I love her, and assure me that she would accept me."

Salma let the tears fall freely. She couldn't take it anymore. She cleaned her face and quietly left.

"You always told me that I am too young to understand love." continued Yusuf.  "Now I do. I know what you felt for him. That was why you were hurt when he left. That was why he destroyed you. And since that day, he never came back. But Allah is with us. And he will bless you."

Yusuf stood up and placed a kiss on his mother's forehead.

"May Allah grant you shifa'. Assalamu alikum."

Then he left.

Yusuf was unaware that when he left, for the first time in six years, his mother lifted a finger.
*****************

Hello people.

Another chapter published.

I don't have much to say.

Assalamu alaikum.

Love 💕

~Saliha.