URQT: Chapter Six

This chapter is dedicated to maikifi_idris.

  AN : Hey guys, how have you been. I missed you  much. So I  dedicated this chapter to the profile above because he tried his best to advertise my book. I appreciate it so much. Thank you.

*******************
            Yusuf sat and watched his mother's lifeless body on the hospital bed. She looked so vulnerable and all he wanted was for her to wake up. He could remember all the good memories he had with her. She loved him and she did all in her power to make sure he was okay. And she ended up that way. If he were to meet the man who was behind her situation, he would tie him up and torture him everyday until his mother wakes up. But being the person he was, even if he plans to do that, he would not be able to. So he prayed and prayed and prayed.

    Zainab sacrificed her time for him. He had nobody and she had been providing for him since he was born. She worked hard for him to be successful. And just when he was ready to take all her burdens and problems away, she fell into a coma. It was devastating.

    He was starting to lose hope but if he lost hope, what was the point of his living. She was everything he had and all he wanted was for her to be healthy, for her to wake up and scold him because he was late for dinner, for her to smile at him and to tell him that she never stopped loving him. A stray tear escaped his eye and he quickly wiped it. He can't break down. Not now.

    As he was seated there drowned in his thoughts. There was a knock on the door and a Salam as the door was pushed open and Salma entered.

He smiled at her. "Wa'alaikumusalam." he answered.

She smiled back. "How is she?" she asked.

Yusuf turned to his mother and smiled again. "She is just...as usual." he replied.

Salma's face fell. "Yusuf don't worry. She will be okay Insha Allah." she said.

He chuckled lightly. "You know, that is what I've benn hearing for the past six years and nothing changed." he said.

"Well that is not how it works mister." said Salma as she settled herself on a chair opposite Yusuf and he stared at her, baffled at what she just said.

"This is a test from Allah Yusuf. And from what you said about nothing changing, you are not on the right path. Have faith in him. Don't lose hope. Allah does not burden a soul with what it can't take. Many people have gone through worse and some are presently in a bad state. So pray. Have faith in Allah and turn to him. Pray for her and trust Him. You will pass this test Insha Allah." breathed Salma.

"Whoa, I didn't see that coming." thought Yusuf. So he just nodded.

"And besides..." she continued. "Allah is the greatest. Nothing is above his power. He created us and to him we shall return.  Don't be surprised by Allah's doing. If he wills for something to happen, it must happen. May Allah help her. She would wake up. Don't lose hope." she said. "Are you convinced now?" she asked raising one brow.

"Yes. Thank you." he replied.

"Good!" exclaimed Salma and she flashed him a smile, nodding in satisfaction.

"Hey, I'm not a kid. Don't act like that." protested Yusuf as he grinned like a kid.

"Well stop acting like one." retorted Salma. "I have to go now. Assalamualaikum once again."

"Wa'alaikumusalam. Thank you very much." he answered. He stood up and walked her to the door and she left.

****************
         Salma had been spending time lately with Saliha ( her now daughter). It was weekend but she was always at the hospital because Saliha has not yet been discharged.

        She went shopping for her baby and she brought clothes, shoes, toys, etc for her. She would spend hours talking with the little girl.
  She found out the school Saliha attended. She also found out that Saliha was born on the 10th of January, Saliha loved chocolate, Saliha was good at reading Qur'an and some other things. She was really happy and she felt like a real mother.  It made her remember her father. If he was alive, he would have been proud of her.

But just as she told Yusuf the other day, she should also trust Allah. To Him we belong and to Him we shall return.

    Saliha had opened up to her and she talked a lot. She was all bubbly and carefree. That made Salma happy because she got to know her daughter so she would be able to meet all her needs. After all, that is what a responsible mother needs to do.

*****************

        Muhammad stared at the black gate in front of him. He had come to see Jiddah. Maybe she knows where Salma is. After all she is her best friend. But he couldn't bring himself to enter the house. He was ashamed. He knew that Jiddah definitely knew everything. What would she think of him. 
      Suddenly his phone beeped . It was a message from Abdulmalik on Facebook. Just then, I idea popped up in his head. He quickly typed Salma's full name and searched her in Facebook. There were many people with her name but he checked, it was not her. He searched Instagram and twitter but still he couldn't find her. He then remembered that Salma was not a social media person so he was just wasting time out there instead of going into  Jiddah's house. Salma was a busy and religious person so she wouldn't waste her precious time on social media.

    He rubbed his face in frustration. It was harder than he thought.
"Ya Allah help me." he muttered.

He sighed and got out of the car. As soon as he did that, he saw Ahmad (Jiddah's husband) coming out of the house. He smiled and approached him.

"Assalamualaikum Ahmad." he greeted as he offered his hand for a handshake.

  Ahmad accepted and shook his hand. "Wa'alaikumusalam Muhammad. How have you been?" he asked.

"Alhamdulilah." replied Muhammad. "How about you, how have you been?" he asked.

"Same." answered Ahmad.

They talked for a little while before Muhammad decided to go straight to the point.

"Actually Ahmad, I came to see Jiddah." he stated.

Ahmad stared at him and frowned. "Wallah, Jiddah has gone to visit her parents. Is something wrong? Can I help?" he asked.

Muhammad smiled. "I thought maybe she knew where Salma was so I came." he replied.

"Ya Allah!" Ahmad exclaimed. "Is it because of Salma? Poor Muhammad. That means you have not been fine. And concerning Salma, I can't say if Jiddah knows where she is or not but why don't you come back tomorrow because I have to leave now. I will tell you came and then you can see her tomorrow. Is it good with you?" breathed Ahmad.

"Yes. Thank you so much." replied Muhammad with a smile. They exchanged Salams and parted.
***********************

AN: Pheww! That was another update. I know I didn't update for long. I'm sorry I was busy.

Guys I have good news for you.
My first book Unpredictable is #1-halaal. Can you believe it.

And the continuation which is this current book is #46-islamiclovestory.

I am so happy.

So Ramadan has ended. May Allah accept our Ibadah and may He answer our prayers.

Ameen.

This chapter is my Eid gift to all of you.

Eid–el–fitr Mubarak.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

~Saliha.💝💝