URQT: Chapter Eight.

This chapter is dedicated to Yasjonas.

****************
  Jafar stared at Aisha in shock. After a few minutes he managed to talk.

"So you have accepted my proposal?" he asked.

Aisha smiled.

"Of course. Is it too hard to comprehend or what?" she replied.

"No. It is just that...I never thought it was this easy. I was nervous and I thought you would not accept me but Alhamdulilah. That is what I prayed for." said Jafar.

"Oh Jafar. Every man thinks that way when he is proposing. And besides, what is wrong with you that I will go against you? Nothing from what I've gathered lately. You have been nothing but kind, responsible and loving. So yes Jafar. I will marry you, Insha Allah." answered Aisha.

"Thank you. But will your brother accept me.?" asked Jafar.
As Aisha opened her mouth to reply to Jafar, Khalil, her brother appeared behind Jafar.

"Well that is not something I will do easily. But considering she really likes you, you have my consent bro." said Khalil whilst tapping Jafar on his shoulder.

They were in the restaurant that Aisha's brother owns and he had been sending snide looks towards them.

    When he first met Jafar. He never thought he would be responsible. He had been trying to find a single flaw in Jafar so that his sister would not be attached to him but he couldn't. And he had to accept Jafar. After all, he only wanted his sister's happiness and there it was, right in front of them. He couldn't let it slip.

    Aisha is a very strict person. She was also not so social, but when she met Jafar, Khalil had noticed some changes in her. She was happier and carefree. And she now deeply believes in love as she is in one already. She would always tell him that she wants a husband who would love her even if she had nothing. Someone who would cherish her. And all Jafar did was to do so.

"Well then–" spoke Aisha. "–I will have to go. I have work. Assalamualikum." she said.

"Wa'alaikumusalam." answered Khalil and also Jafar who beamed at her.

When she was out of sight. Khalil turned to Jafar.

"Umm. I guess we need to take the next step. Parents." he said.

Jafar's expression suddenly changed. He remembered what Fatima to used to tell him.
"Jafar, every mother would love to see her daughter in law before she dies. Your mother unfortunately died before then. But I want to see your wife and little Jafars before I die."

He looked up at Khalil who was staring at him.

"I lost my parents at young age and since then I have been with my aunt and uncle. They are my parents. I never felt like an orphan because they love me just as much as they love their own children. It was always my aunt's dream come true to meet the girl I will marry and to hold my kids. I guess it is time I introduced Aisha to her."

Khalil nodded.

"Our mother's wish before she died five gears ago was the same. To see Aisha's husband. But that is not how Allah planned it." he said. "Jafar, I need to attend to my customers now. Let's talk some other time and thank you."

Jafar furrowed his brows. "For what exactly?" he asked.

"For making her happy." replied Khalil.

Jafar smiled. "I, myself am happy." he said.

"Well then Assalamualikum." said Khalil presenting his hand for a shake.

Jafar accepted it gladly and answered "wa'alaikumusalam."