Chapter 9

Jasmine's P.O.V.

The conversation I just had with Justin, lingered in my mind for the rest of the evening as everyone enjoyed the party. Justin had wandered off somewhere with Scooter to talk to some of the people from the industry and i was already too worn out and tired to dance any minute longer so I made my way out to the garden at the back. I took a seat at water fountain and silently admired the cool night. Everyone seemed to be having such a great time and the atmosphere was filled with such joy. I grabbed my phone, and realized that it was almost midnight. How did everyone here manage to dance so long? I was ready to pass out.

I got up when I heard a muffled noise from behind me. I turned around and saw a tall figure standing near the fountain. The figure got closer and revealed his face in the bright moonlight. The light glistened onto his face, revealing a pair of absolutely breathtaking eyes. They were an unbelievably beautiful shade of blue and his gaze seemed to be piercing right through me. His hair was medium brown, messy, yet cute He had stubble from a small beard, which made it seem like he needed to shave. Overall, he was cute. Really attractive, if I say so myself.

"Take a picture, it lasts longer," he chuckled, cutting off my gaze.

Yeah, he was definitely the cocky type. I just stared at him, giving him the 'are you serious' look.

"Just kidding mam. Quit with the stare," he muttered.

Mam? Did he just call me mam?

"Look," he sighed. "I'm just messing with you, sorry to seem so arrogant and rude. I'm James by the way," he held out his hand.

I stopped glaring menacingly at him. "And I'm Jasmine" I replied, shaking his hand.

"Lovely name, aren't you Island Def's new artist?" he questioned.

"Yeah," I mumbled, quite tired.

"Cool,"

"Uhm, so what are you doing here?" I demanded.

"I just happened to drop by here. Not apart of Island Def, in any way though.

"I see," I responded, flatly, being cut off by a voice.

"Jasmine? Is that you?"

I looked back, it was Justin. I saw as he made his way towards me and came closer, then opened his mouth to speak once again.

"What are you doing out here?"

"Talking to him," I said, while pointing back to James.

Justin wore a puzzled expression on his face, and looked at me as though I was crazy.

"Jasmine, there's no one there..." he answered.

I looked back, to see the deserted garden. My mouth gaped open and eyebrows furrowed together in confusion. The place where James had been was now empty. He was just here a few minutes ago, and now he disappeared.. how odd.

I heard a soft chuckle, "Why so confused jas? Come in now, ill drop you home. You seem to be hallucinating, you're probably quite tired," Justin laughed.

I opened my mouth to protest, so I didn't seem like a complete idiot, but Justin took my hand before I could speak, and led me in. I just followed him in since I was exhausted and ready to go home to crash, so I said good bye to everyone, then left to go home, with Justin.

•••

"Jasmine! Wake up!" 

I heard my mother struggling to get me up.

I groaned while peeking my eyes open to stare at the clock. It was only 8:30am and I barely got home and was asleep by 2am last night. I needed my sleep so I closed my eyes and covered my face with my pillow.